1.14𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Zayn sniffed at Liam who sat by the base of a tree, trembling on the woodland floor. Zayn wished to stay in his wolf form. He wanted to lie next to Liam and comfort him until he calmed down.

Zayn worried he might faint; Liam's skin had paled
dramatically.

Zayn was a huge wolf who terrified other humans to the point where they lost control of their bladder because of his snarling and barking. Liam must worry that Zayn would turn on him any minute, and Zayn didn't blame him. If he were a defenceless human with no knowledge of werewolves existing, he would have run for his life.

He wanted to tell Liam to trust him, but how could Zayn ask for such a thing? Wolves didn't exist in England. To humans, Wolves didn't live in the United Kingdom. Zayn shouldn't be in a small town in the north of England, roaming the woods and staring into little Liam's brown eyes.

Red eyes lowered to the ground. As time went on, Liam was in more and more danger the longer Zayn kept him a secret. Exposing his wolf form was a step closer to Liam knowing about who Zayn really was, though Zayn reminded himself that Liam needed to move at a slower pace.

Tears still streamed down Liam's face. His pace was as slow as a snail, and Zayn had no choice but to tiptoe behind him, making sure not to step on him and crush his protective shell.

Zayn started backing away. His heart broke when Liam looked relieved.

One day, Zayn thought. One day he'll love me for
who I am.

Zayn tore his eyes away and sprinted down the path. Leaving Liam was like trying to run with paws pulling on elastic bands that hurt the further away he travelled.

He sniffed out Liam's yellow puffer Jacket and carried it in his mouth. His scent drove Zayn wild as he ventured off the path to find a safe place to shift back.

When he was in his human form, Zayn stood and stretched. A bone in his back cracked and he stretched his arms above his head. He picked Liam's coat back up and jogged in the direction he came, hoping Liam was still by the tree.

Liam was still where Zayn left him, but now on his feet and holding his stomach as though he was about to be sick.

"Liam" Zayn said, and the human leapt almost a foot in the hair. Liam spun, pinning his back to the bark. He relaxed when he saw a familiar face. Liam was relieved to see Zayn's human side and his wolf whined within, wanting the same acceptance.

"Are you okay?" Zayn asked. His hand ached to dry Liam's wet cheeks. He gripped Liam's coat tightly to stop himself. Zayn hated to see him upset.

Liam clutched the trunk of the tree like he couldn't
stand without assistance.

"Z-Zayn" he stuttered, turning away from him and breathing deeply.

Zayn wanted Liam to tell him everything that
happened, but it seemed they were not close enough yet because Liam sucked his emotions in the best he could.

"I'm okay," Liam breathed. "I just... a-a sickness came over me all of a sudden."

Why won't he tell me about the wolf? Is he worried
I won't believe him? Zayn stepped through the frozen mud, crunching leaves under his big boots.

"Is this your coat?" He held it in front of him, wanting Liam to approach him so Zayn didn't seem too eager.

Liam nodded.

"Why was it on the path back there?" Zayn's deep voice was soft in the quiet forest.

"W-Why are you in the woods?"