1.40𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Liam had managed to calm himself by the time they moved from the field and towards the canteen. Zayn had put back his tee shirt on, but walked so closely behind Liam, he felt Zayn's chest occasionally touching the back of his head.

"I'll go for a shower" Zayn said , stopping by the doors to the canteen.

Solana glanced around when they stopped. Zayn scowled at her, so she left them to talk by themselves. Well, without her prying ears. Other werewolves poured in through the corridor too, hungry after training. "You can either sit with mum and Baela or come with me and wait in the bedroom."

Liam wanted to go with Zayn, but he feared he would miss the chance to make friends or be comfortable around everyone if he glued himself to Zayn's side.

I'm not a weak human, Liam thought, stepping away.

"I'll sit with your mum and Baela."

Zayn stood tall, seeming impressed. "I won't be long."

"Oh wait," Liam grabbed his arm. His skin was hot.

"Um," Liam rolled back and forth on his heels. "I can't remember your mum's name."

Zayn put his hands behind his back and turned them to fists to stop himself from dragging Liam back to the bedroom. Liam's cuteness was getting harder to simply observe, and not devour Liam in kisses.

Zayn glanced down the corridor. Most of the werewolves filtered down the hall or into the canteen, so Zayn stepped closer. He leaned down and said, "Her name's Solana."

"Solana" Liam repeated, smiling with rosy cheeks.

Zayn looked around his face and moved close for a kiss. At the same time, pip stepped back.

"Oh," Liam chuckled. His rosy cheeks darkened. "S-Sorry, I um, I didn't um-" Liam jumped closer when Zayn started to stand up straighter. Liam grabbed Zayn's cheeks and caught his lips before they were too high to reach.

Liam kissed him once, then awkwardly backed away, chuckling nervously as the blush spread across his entire face. "I'll ll go and, and um, get breakfast now."

Liam quickly spun and hurried through the double doors.

Zayn stood still, watching the door wobble back and forth with the tingle of Liam still lingering on his lips.

Don't smile, don't smile, fuck.

Zayn hurried down the corridor. The stairs were empty, but he still covered his mouth. He stormed up them two at a time. Why is he so fucking cute?

Zayn climbed and climbed until he reached the third floor. He did his best to scowl at the guard and sauntered the rest of the way to his bedroom.

Zayn slammed the door behind him and leaned against the coats hanging on the back of the door.

Alone, and free to show whatever emotion he pleased, he thought of Liam and his blush and the way he grabbed his cheeks for a kiss.

Zayn peeled himself from the door and on his way the bathroom, he smiled and shook his head. "That boy," he mumbled.

       ——·☆·——

Liam sat with Solana and Niall and Baela. He wasn't very hungry, but Baela had gotten him a cup of tea and a yoghurt. He was grateful enough to eat and sip the tea, though Liam had a hard time concentrating.

He kept thinking of Zayn and checking the door whenever someone entered.

"So," Solana said pushing her empty plate aside. "Liam. Do you have anything smart to wear for the annual meeting?"