2.14༊*·˚

TW: mention of death.

If you are not comfortable reading this. You can skip to the next chapter.

Liam watched the tracker on Zayn's laptop for what felt like hours. When he checked the time, it had been hours. Something was wrong, he felt it the moment Zayn tore after the rogue wolves. The silence of the office loosened his thoughts and Liam soon started to worry.

Not wanting to worry alone, he found Solana discussing with Omega wolves about what actions they had to take.

"Nobody is back yet, but they haven't moved from the edge of the territory, you need to go and tell them to come back. If there's a fight, break it up. Remind Zayn that we need him here."

The Omega's nodded and made sure to stare oddly at Liam before leaving. Liam fought with his facial muscles, wanting to look unbothered by their judgement. As soon as Solana turned to him, he crumbled.

"Why aren't they back yet?" he asked.

"I don't know, love. I'm worried they're fighting. Do you feel any different?"

Liam held a hand to his heart. "Zayn just feels far."

The edge of their territory was fifteen miles away. That was the furthest Liam had been from Zayn in a long time. "I feel kind of cold inside."

Solana seemed troubled by that. She ran after the Omega wolves, yelling at them to hurry up. Liam then waited and waited. When another hour past, he sat with Solana on the front steps, staring hopelessly at the gate.

"I'm more than worried," he admitted.

"Me too. We have half the wolves we had before, all because Zayn couldn't keep calm. Idiot." Solana scowled at the sky, watching the sun sink towards the horizon. "if they're not back soon, I'll go myself."

"I'll come with you."

Solana didn't argue against it, but Liam barely waited ten minutes before he stood and stomped down the steps.

"Where are you going?" Solana yelled.

"To get Zayn before it's dark."

Solana motioned for the lingering Omegas to follow. Those who followed were a part of Liam's running club, and they were arguably some of the strongest wolves in the pack. Liam felt safer when they shifted and surrounded them as the two most vulnerable people left the Packhouse.

"I feel so exposed," Solana said, suddenly wishing she had eaten that day, or stuck with her training, or better yet, still had her wolf.

Liam anxiously glanced around. His heart throbbed in his throat. He motioned for the wolves to be closer, and one was so close to his side, her fur tickled his legs. They can smell my fear. Calm down.

Liam concentrated on his breathing until Solana reminded him that the edge of the territory was still miles and miles away. If they wanted to get there before dark, they would have to ride on wolves. Liam felt better about that, but gripping onto a wolf's neck and holding with his knees was no easy task.

The last time a wolf, that wasn't Zayn, carried him through the woods was when Liam and Niall had escaped from Sea Claw Packhouse. The Southern Alpha had tried to pin Beta wolves against northern Alphas. That felt like a lifetime ago now.

Liam gripped the wolf's fur tightly as they moved deeper into the woods. Each mile, the sun moved a little lower in the sky, and the woods dulled until the leaves all looked the same.