2.76༊*·˚

THREE MONTHS LATER

Weeks soon turned to months, and in that time, Zayn got his revenge on Ethdellin Town. After what happened with Mira was explained in detail, the authorities were quick to act.

All of those involved in hounding the Packhouse were scared into silence, forced to move away, or taken to prison if they refused both. of course.

Liam's aunt and uncle were among those not willing to back down.

Zayn watched their house from the woods. Liam would have felt some sort of pity for his cousins, at least, which is why Zayn didn't tell him where he was going. Zayn had only told him that one day his aunt and uncle would get what they deserved.

Today was that day.

Zayn watched proudly until the police van left. He would have liked to stand at the front of the house and let them see him, but that was too much, even for his alpha ego.

Zayn then he returned to the Packhouse in such a good mood, one of the guards asked, "Have you dug up a bag of gold or something?"

"What?" Zayn snapped. "Don't be fucking stupid."

He slipped through the gate with a frown. "I found it at the end of the rainbow."

The guards were so stunned that he had joked back with them, they only stared with open mouths, ruining Zayn's attempt at humour.

He scowled harder and stormed down the long-pebbled path.

Instead of entering the yellow-bricked building, he walked around its walls and paused when the back field came into view.

Baela, Bethan, Lynx, Liam, Liam's parents, and his dad stood together on the grass. Nobody noticed him lingering by the corner, and he quickly noticed a commotion.

A buzz swirled around them and to a large white wolf, who was just as bouncy. The wolf noticed Zayn before anyone else and bounded over to him.

Zayn's arms dropped by his side and his face froze.

The wolf rubbed its head on his legs, wining with happiness, so happy it could barely keep stil. Its tail wagged fast enough for its entire body to move with it.

Liam ran to Zayn and tugged on his arm.

(Sometimes I wonder if they a mates or Liam is Zayn's son who keeps tugging his dad's arm to get attention?)

"You missed it!" he cried with eyes just as big. "Solana has her wolf back!"

Zayn's eyes followed the wolf as she circled him, then sprinted back to Xavier. Over the months, they had done all they could to restore their health.

Xavier wasn't the only one who had declined over the years. Solana had been almost as frail.

Now, his father stood on his own. He had put on enough weight to not look scarily thin, and he carried a little muscle on his arms and legs. He looked more and more like himself every day.

Zayn hurried to his father to ask about whether he felt his wolf too.

Liam returned to his parents who were talking with Bethan and Baela.

"So, you can always feel your wolf there?" Sylvia asked. Her blonde hair hung neatly to her waist. Her bright blue eyes creased at
the sides with a smile when Liam stood next to her.

Spenser beamed too, showing his dimples that also blessed Liam's cheeks. He had taken to training with Xavier very well and had also gained his health quicker than what everyone expected.