2.5༊*·˚

show some love y'all

Liam barely spoke through breakfast. He prodded his egg with his fork and ate nothing more than a bite of his toast. Liam was tired, and sad. He was embarrassed about what happened at the café, even though he had nothing to be embarrassed about. The town's locals cared too much about Liam's absence. He was uncomfortable about their sudden level of care.

Where he had been and who he had been with was none of their business, yet they made it the main topic to gossip about over their dining tables.

After reading articles about his parents, Liam had worsened his sorrows. He had always wanted to find out who and what had killed them. Only now, Liam was realising that he might have the power to find out, being around werewolves and all.

Baela watched Liam from the opposite side of the table. She had noticed his avoiding gaze, small frown and distant eyes. Liam usual greeted her with a grin and asked about her plans for the day. That morning, Liam barely gave her a small smile.

Zayn spent his breakfast staring at Liam, but he didn't say anything either. He wasn't sure what he could say to cheer Liam up because Liam was rarely sad. "I need to check the perimeter of the field to make sure the fence is secure, and no animals have exposed holes underneath." Zayn tapped Liam's shoulder.

"Come with me." Zayn didn't ask, nor suggest, he commanded.

Liam wanted to crawl up to the library and lose himself in a book, but looking at Zayn's half intense, half pleading eyes, he gave in and mumbled, "Okay."

Zayn grabbed his arm and immediately pulled him out of the building. When they were away from other wolves, Zayn stopped stomping and loosely took Liam's hand.

"Let's talk," he said. "if I've  learnt anything from you over the past year, it's that keeping the lid on stuff like this only makes it worse."

Liam relaxed now that he was just around Zayn. He didn't want other werewolves knowing all his problems.

"I think I'm still in shock. I never expected the town to be like that. I really thought I'd have a good time. I guess it just kicked up memories I'm usually good at forgetting"

"What memories?" Zayn slowed his long strides as they reached the fence, then turned left. Guards knew he checked the fence every Sunday morning, so they always turned off the electricity surging through it for him to check it properly. Zayn kicked at one area that looked wonky, but it didn't move from his whack, so they continued walking.

"Memories of when my parents died, the conversation I overheard about their death, the rumours, my eleven-year-old self being sick when I thought about how they died. It just circles my head, even when I try to stop thinking about it."

Zayn was familiar with falling into a depressing pit of memories that made him angry or sad. Last November, when Zayn's father had been dead for a  year, Zayn had spiralled and Liam asked if they could bring in a therapist, so Zayn could get help.

Solana had made that happen when she found Zayn smashing everything up in the canteen at 3am. Talking to someone who could help was exactly what Zayn needed. Each week he felt a little more stable-minded.

Zayn's arm then made its way around Liam's shoulders. Liam soon wrapped his arm around Zayn's waist, walking as close as they could get.

"I can help you look," Zayn said when they reached the first corner of the fence. He stopped to press his foot into the grass, then lightly kicked the metal. It rang loud. "I want you to get the closure you deserve. They were killed on our territory, but I can't see why it would have anything to do with our pack. I'm guessing it was rogues, but I can't be sure. I'll look through my dad's papers of that year. I can't promise I'll find anything, but "I'll look for you, and ask other neighbouring packs."