2.18༊*·˚

Liam paced until he couldn't stand the sound of his own shoes against the wooden floor, so he sat until he couldn't stand the sad sobs of the wolves in the field below, then he moved to the bathroom and splashed his face with cold water.

As he stared into the mirror, brown hopeless eyes stared back. This was not the life he wanted for himself. He was stuck in a building where half of the people didn't like him, and with a person he loved, who hated who Liam was, but loved him as his mate.

Liam sighed, exhausted after a night of no sleep and a night of worry. Zayn still hadn't come back, and the atmosphere in the Packhouse was worsening.

Every wolf was anxious, especially when no surrounding packs had found Zayn on their territory.

"It stops this time," Liam said to himself. If Zayn was just a guy, Liam would have left him for speaking to him the way he had. But Zayn was bound to him by an unbreakable bond. Liam could suffer through it, or he could be stern and make sure Zayn started to respect him and started to treat him the way Liam deserved to be treated.

"I deserve better.!"

Liam shook his head. Solana had told him he was the only person who could change Zayn, but Liam didn't like the responsibility. Zayn was his own person, his own mind, and an adult. Zayn knew what was right and what was wrong. If Liam had to do something to make him change, he would start with making it clear that he would not tolerate someone so cruel.

"You better come back soon, so you can see how angry I am, Zayn." Liam glared at himself again, wondering if Zayn would find his frown intimidating.

After another hour of sitting by the window, Liam felt anxious again and decided to go to his library. If he wasn't allowed to look for Zayn outside, then he wanted to do his best to stay positive and hopeful that Zayn would soon return.

He climbed the narrow stairs to the attic, running his fingers along the fairy lights that wrapped around the bannister. As he neared the top, he heard voices which was unusual. Liam hoped to see Baela and Solana. He wanted to see Niall too until he remembered. Liam entered witha smile, hoping to help if anyone was upset. A group of eight Omegas lounged around his library. Some sprawled on the couch, on the beanbags and on the rug, and one was pulling books from the nearest shelves and throwing them on the floor with disinterest. The conversation stopped abruptly, and all eyes fell on Liam.

"Um, h-hi" Liam stuttered.

A few of the Omegas he recognised by those who had always made a point to look at him oddly. After living in the institute for almost two years, Liam knew everyone's names and personalities, but that didnt mean everyone knew his. Some Omegas would purposefully avoid him, so Liam eventually stopped trying to be everyone's friend.

"We're having a discussion that doesn't involve humans. Come back later," one omega said as she stretched on the beanbag.

Liam was dumbfounded. I'm getting shunned from my own safe space. "Well, a-actually-"

"Go and follow Baela around or something. She likes having a human pet."

Liam's cheeks reddened. After so much conflict with Zayn, Liam should have been able to stand his ground. He didn't like being hated for no reason, but under the eyes of those who would laugh at him if he got angry, Liam felt smaller than ever. "I just want to-"

"Go and find somewhere else to be? Go then."

Omegas broke into laughter.

Liam ground his jaw, hating to be interrupted. "I- I  just-"