1.65𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Zayn left his meetings when lunchtime approached. The morning had whizzed by, but Zayn kept checking the time and counting the minutes until he could see his mate again.

On the way to the stairs, Zayn sniffed the air. Liam's sweet scent weakened when he got closer to the bedroom. Zayn turned back down the corridor and followed his smell.

Zayn passed the canteen and continued towards the games room. Liam scent was getting stronger and stronger.

Zayn wondered if his shy mate had been brave enough to mingle with his pack, or if Liam had been brave enough to wander on his own.

Zayn stopped by the games room. A few werewolves sat on the floor by the window playing Monopoly. One werewolf fiddled with the TV remote and another was organising the leads behind the TV.

Zayn then saw the person who made his heart flutter.

Liam was curled on the couch in the corner of the room, cosy in a blanket, and content with a book in his hand.

Of course I'd find him reading, Zayn thought, approaching him like a wolf approaching its prey. Every step was silent. Liam didn't notice him, even when Zayn was right in front of him. Liam was too engrossed in what he was reading.

Zayn pulled the book down from Liam's face, and Liam looked up like he had forgotten where he was.

"Zayn!" he chirped with a big smile. "Are you finished with meetings?"

Zayn nodded and sat next to him, making sure to leave no space between them. He fussed over the book in Liam's hands, pretending to be interested. "What're you reading?"

"A vampire book."

Zayn's oak eyes glinted with amusement. "Sounds shit."

"Actually, there's a character similar to you. He's pretty grumpy."

Zayn cocked a brow and wrapped an arm around Liam's shoulders. His heart just about exploded when Liam cupped his hand in both of his. Liam's fingers were a little cold, so Zayn pulled him even closer.

"Where did you find the book?" he asked.

"uh.." Liam wasn't allowed to mention the mound of books he had seen in the canteen. "O-One of your um, Omega's gave it to me."

Zayn softly traced a thumb along Liam's neck. "l see you found the Omega Medic."

"I found Ni too. He's on bed rest. We should, um, have lunch with him in the First Aid room," Liam suggested.

"No. He'll be fine."

Liam looked up with puppy brown eyes.

Zayn frowned, wondering how the hell someone could be so cute. He stared around Liam's face, cherishing the features he had learnt to adore: Liam's cute button nose, large brown eyes, and his round cheeks, adding to the hints of a baby face every time he smiled.

"Fine," Zayn grumbled, just to see those Liam's eyes almost disappear as he deepened his grin.

Niall was staring glumly into space as Liam and Zayn entered the first-Aid room. His face lit up when Liam bounded over to the bed with a bowl of pasta, salad, and chicken for him.

Zayn put a film on Liam's laptop and ate lunch with his injured Delta wolf and his tired mate.

Baela soon joined them, and Zayn caught himself glancing at Liam on multiple occasions. If it weren't for his mate, Zayn would have gone for a lonely walk around the building or sulked back to his room to eat lunch at his desk.