2.39༊*·˚

Solana hadn't accepted help, but she wasn't completely denying the offer.

Liam tried to give her breakfast. Solana wouldn't eat. Zayn tried to get her to talk. She wouldn't.

When Junes' mate arrived, she ordered for everyone to get out of the room, even Zayn, who was stubborn, and Liam had to yank him with both hands on Zayn's wrist to get him into the corridor.

"Let her speak to someone who knows exactly what she's going through," Liam said, guiding Zayn towards the large gardens that went on forever.

Unlike Ethdellin Packhouse, Sea Claw Packhouse had trees in the grounds, ponds, flowers, and hidden benches. They were an old pack and training days were mostly behind them.

Since the Southern Alpha killed Junes, they cleared out a space in the garden's to train. Everyone feared what was yet to come. Trust in packs were broken and had to be mended. The Southern Alpha relied on the lack of pack stability, but the Alpha hadn't thought that Jaiden would die.

Still, their silence was eerie. Liam often wondered what he was planning.

Zayn and Liam sat together on a bench. Liam swung his legs and Zayn twisted his fingers anxiously.

"How are you feeling?" Liam asked when Zayn looked away from him.

Zayn shrugged and inhaled the cold morning air.

"Do you want to cry?" Liam asked.

"I've cried too much recently."

"But do you want to cry?"

Zayn shifted awkwardly. "Yes."

"Then cry." Zayn still didn't look at Liam, so he softly cupped Zayn's face and turned him around. Zayn was trying his best to hold in tears. He never cried, and these days, he couldn't seem to stop.

"There's no shame in it," Liam whispered. "You've had a very stressful night."

"But it's fine now." Zayn wilfully sucked his tears in. "So why do I still feel like this?"

"It's not fine. None of this is normal." Liam sank into Zayn's side. "This is the first time we've been out of the Ethdellin area for almost two years. The pack have dedicated all their time to getting stronger and staying out of the way, when we should be redirecting that energy now.!"

"To where?" Zayn blinked until his eyes stopped stinging.

"To finding the Southern Alpha. I want our lives back. I want to roam the woods with you and go back to the Hill in the middle of a blizzard, and visit the Library, and go camping, and visit other Packhouses. I want all of it, and I don't want to wait another two more years."

Zayn slipped an arm around Liam's shoulders. "I want it all too, but how do we find the Southern Alpha?"

"We question the Rogues. They've obviously got something to do with him. Or if you don't want to do that, then at least put big fences around the territory boarders to keep them out. If the Rogues have nowhere to run, they'll all get together and I bet that'll lead you to the Southern Alpha."

Zayn was silent for a moment, staring at Liam with his thoughtful frown that most would mistake for anger. "You've been thinking about this a lot, haven't you?"

"I have. I'm ready for this stupid war between the North and South to stop. It's pointless. If all werewolf packs united to find him, we would in a matter of months, then all of this will be over at least for long enough for us to live." Liam felt rather heated by the subject.