2.35༊*·˚

posted 4 chapters

"I should show this to mum," Zayn said after a while of staring at the black leather journal. He rubbed a thumb across his father's initials, imagining him doing the same motion.

Liam had sat quietly next to his werewolf, not wanting to disturb Zayn's thoughtful silence. The journal was full of notes in different types of ink, with even a few drawn images. Zayn had only flicked through the pages, but he wasn't able to properly look. Liam brought his mind back to him when he touched Zayn's lower back. "Let's go see your mum."

Liam got up first and held out hands for Zayn. Liam tried to pull him up the way Zayn would often pull him from the floor, but Zayn was just too big and heavy.

"Struggling?" Zayn smirked when Liam's socks slid on the wooden floor and Zayn didn't budge an inch.

"It's because you have a wolf inside of you. That's why you're so heavy," Liam grinned, giving up and letting Zayn climb to his feet by himself.

"No, it's because I'm now 6ft 6, and you're a little 5ft 5."

"You grew an inch?"

"I'm now breaching tall for a werewolf" Zayn said, ruffling Liam's hair.

"You don't call yourself tall already?" Liam asked, straining his neck to connect their eyes. "You're taller than everyone in the pack."

"For an Alpha, not exactly the tallest. But for a human I am really tall." He tilted his head. And you're pretty small." Zayn pinched Liam's round cheeks. "Which is so cute."

Liam always blushed when he did that. They looked like opposites but enjoyed those parts about each other. Sometimes reaching Zayn for kisses was awkward. Though Liam only had to tug on Zayn's hoody strings for him to know what Liam wanted.

Hugging someone so large made up for the struggle. Liam loved to be engulfed by Zayn's smell and warmth and strong arms, especially on cold nights.

"Do you think you'll grow more?" Liam asked as Zayn crouched to peck his lips.

"For our neck's sake, hopefully not."

"Maybe I'll grow instead." Liam grinned and Zayn poked his dimples.

"Hopefully not." Zayn looked him up and down.

"You like me short?" Liam asked, biting his bottom lip. He had missed flirting with Zayn. Being sad consumed his every action.

"I like you" This time, Zayn pressed their lips together for a few seconds longer, cherishing the feel of him. They intertwined their hands and walked happily together to the third floor. Zayn felt lighter in his head and in his heart. He hoped the diary would break his mother's emotional chains too. He knocked on his mother's bedroom door.
Solana was hesitant to answer.

"Not now. I'm busy" she yelled.

Zayn frowned. These days, his mother was never busy. "With what?"

"Just... not right now Zayn."

Zayn hummed lowly and grabbed the door handle. "Why?" He could hear noises, like she was rummaging through drawers. "What are you up to?!"

"Maybe we should give her some space," Liam said, trying to pry Zayn's hand from the handle.

"She's up to something" Zayn mumbled, tightening his grip. "Can I come in and ask about how the therapy session went?"

"..no."

Zayn narrowed his eyes. Only earlier, his mother had complained about the lack of inclusion. Now she was sending him away. "What are you doing?"

"Zayn-" Solana sighed. "Just leave me be, please."