1.18𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

They had hugged for a while. Liam wasn't sure how long, but when he opened his eyes, the snow had deepened around them. Without lifting his head from Zayn's shoulder, he looked around. The cold seeped through his layers, though Zayn was still hot. Liam felt his body heat through his jacket.

"I- I thought you said you weren't a hugger" Liam
said in his usual quiet voice. Zayn was somehow
always able to hear him.

"I'm not" Zayn mumbled with his chin resting on
the top of Liam's head. "Not usually."

Liam smiled. He felt special, even if he still couldn't fathom why Zayn would find him interesting. Eventually, they pulled away.

Zayn still looked more content than Liam had ever seen him. "So, um, d-do you have like- a curfew for the institute?"

Zayn discretely sniffed the air. He could only detect Baela's scent nearby, nobody else. "Not really" he said witha shrug. "I'm in charge. I make the rules."

"In charge of what?" Liam asked tilting his head a little "The p-people or the building?"

Zayn took a moment to look at Liam, he watched a snowflake land on Liam's nose and brushed it off. And then kissed his nose making his mate giggle softly. "The people!" He then said.

Liam glanced around. "Am I allowed to ask about the institute now?"

"What would you like to know?"

Liam softly swung his legs. "Why it's there?"

The answer to his question would reveal all. Zayn
didn't want to spoil their date. "Why do you think
it's there?"

Liam puffed out some air as he thought. "I have
no idea." He then frowned. "Do you work for the
government?"

"Sometimes." Werewolves only worked for the
government when the authorities were in deep
trouble.

"Are you in the secret service?"

"We're better."

Liam looked Zayn up and down, and Zayn's coal heart set alight.

"Are you a spy?" Liam asked with his eyes wide.

Zayn shook his head, amused, Liam swore he have seen the slight twitch in Zayn's lips if he wasn't paying attention, it was small very very small but it was there.  "No."

"Why do I have to guess? Are you not allowed to tell me?"

"I can," Zayn said, squishing the snow under his feet. "but I don't think you're ready to know."

Liam chuckled nervously. "S-Should I be worried?" he asked as a joke, though, Zayn's face had turned serious. His jaw tensed, and his hazel eyes looked away towards the woods.

"I'm not sure" he mumbled.

Liam still didn't know much about Zayn but liked him enough to share a kiss. The whole point of a first date was to get to know each other. They skipped that bit and dove for the affection.

Liam never thought he'd kiss on a first date. When Zayn's lips were so close, and he held him so tenderly, Liam couldn't stop himself. He lost his mind in the kisses they shared. He didn't expect a first kiss to feel so incredible.

"I'm very good at keeping secrets," Liam said,
looking at Zayn who still watched the horizon.
Zayn's eyes clouded with thoughts while he chewed the inside of his lip.

"It's not that I'm worried about you oversharing,
I'm concerned about how you'll take the news if
you found out that -" Zayn stopped himself. He
finally connected a gaze with those sparkling brown eyes.