1.70𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Liam was once again the main topic of the institute. Nobody could stop talking about his surprising hidden talent.

"I think you impressed everyone, even yourself" Zayn said from the doorway of the bathroom, watching Liam dress after his shower.

Liam had lost his balance twice while trying to put on his socks, and he had tripped out of the shower, almost smashing his head off the bathtub if Zayn wasn't close to cushion his fall. Liam's clumsiness was both worrying and entertaining.

(When it comes to clumsiness, I am Liam. Liam is me. I had an embarassing fall yesterday infront of 1..2..3..idk people. But then again its normal for me. I don't talk to people I talk to walls, doors, floor and roads.)

As Liam tugged on dark blue jeans, he welcomed Zayn's eyes on his body like he welcomed heat after a cold day in the snow. They had been very intimate only the day before. He no longer felt quite as shy, not while Zayn watched him as though he was the most beautiful human in the world.

"I did surprise myself. I wasn't sure if I'd be the first to drop out, but I didn't think l'd even outrun you." Liam stopped to clock Zayn's reaction. He had thought Zayn might be jealous, or irritated that a human beat him. Zayn only smirked.

"You impressed me." Zayn's eyes flicked him up and down. Liam was fit and slim with the hint of muscle shaping especially his legs. "You outran the strongest wolf pack in England. What do you have to say to that?"

"Um... hard work pays off?" Liam smiled sweetly and pulled a knitted burgundy jumper over his head. "I would like to run with your pack more."

"We should get you some proper trainers first."

"Yeah um." Liam awkwardly pulled at his sleeves. The life he left behind was constantly biting at his
heels.

"I- checked my bank online. My aunt and uncle cleared out my money. I shouldn't have left my bank card!"

Zayn was good at hiding any emotion other than his anger. The rage fizzled through his features, hardening his eyes, tensing his jaw, and tightening his throat.

"Let me get rid of them," he spoke calmly, despite his eyes summoning a ferocious storm. (My boy spoke so calmly I had to double check if he was talking about Liam's uncle and aunt or some tattered clothes.)

"So-I c-can't afford shoes right now" Liam said, ignoring his comment.

Zayn sighed, shoving his anger out of sight to hold his anxious mate in his arms. "Liam, you're a part of the pack now. Our money is your money, and you need new shoes. Maybe even a few pairs. You definitely need a new coat."

Liam smiled, resting his chin on Zayn's chest. His warmth was everything Liam wanted after a shower.

Zayn's arms around him was all the comfort he needed in the world. "Are you sure that's okay?"

Zayn ran a hand through Liam's brown wavy hair. The front had curled from the heat of the shower.

"Obviously. I'm not just gonna let you train in converse when we have the money to buy you proper gear"

He was frank, but Liam knew his tones rarely reflected how Zayn really felt. "That's nice of you."

"That's me" Zayn said bluntly. "Nice."