1.64𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

The Alchemy has been updated!

When Liam woke the next morning, Zayn was still on top of him, sleeping softly. Zayn's face was as calm as Liam had ever seen him with no scowls, and no tight jaw.

Liam yawned silently, and remembered he had a neck brace on when he couldn't roll onto his side and curl up against Zayn. He was warm under the duvet but was desperate for the toilet. Liam stared at the bathroom with no door, blushing at the thought of Zayn standing naked in the doorway.

He liked Zayn's confidence. Liam wished he could be that confident about the way he looked. The way he caught Zayn staring at him sometimes did make Liam feel good about himself.

He tried to worm his way off the bed, but his actions weren't smooth, not with Zayn's head on his shoulder and a brace around his neck. Zayn stirred. He was heavy on top of Liam, but warm.

Liam glanced back to the bathroom and tried once more to slide from underneath Zayn. When he was almost out, Zayn gripped his arm, staring up at him with sleepy hazel eyes.

"Where?" he mumbled, too tired to form a sentence.

"Just the bathroom," Liam whispered. Zayn's eyelids were shut before he even finished his words. Liam got up when Zayn rolled over and buried his face into the cushion.

Liam was quick and stared at himself in the mirror as he washed his hands. His right cheek was a little red from being smacked. Bruises circled the dressing on his forehead. Zayn was in the process of rubbing his eyes when he returned to the bed.

"Morning" Liam smiled when Zayn looked him up and down.

Zayn sat up without taking his eyes off him.

"Sleep well?"

"Yes."

Zayn ruffled the grey streak in his hair, then flopped back down. "Today is going to be...busy."

"With talking about southern wolves?"

"That, and fixing this shit hole of a Packhouse."

"You don't have to do that right away."

"No, but I don't want to see blood everywhere on my way to breakfast either."

Liam agreed. He pulled on his neck brace and yawned. The air was freezing, and Liam was cold as soon as he left the duvet, so he crawled back under the covers, wishing Zayn would lie on top of him again, but Zayn stood and stretched.

"I need to arrange a meeting." Zayn eyed Liam pulling the duvet to his chin. "You should rest today."

"So should you."

"Alpha's don't rest." Zayn dressed in black ripped jeans, and a well-fitted black t-shirt with his classic wolf's head knitted into the left side of his chest. He bent down to kiss his mate. "I don't know how long I'll be in meetings and stuff."

"It's fine," Liam whispered, flustered after a simple head-kiss. "I-I might sleep more."

"You can lock the door behind me if you want."

Liam watched him leave. He rubbed his chest as Zayn walked away. I feel him leaving. Liam still compared his feelings to how he felt before he met the werewolf. They were lonely feelings. Even when Liam wasn't thinking of Zayn, he was in the back of his mind, always.

Liam pulled the duvet to his nose. The fabric smelt of Zayn's musky and earthy scent. Liam was starting to need the smell.

He tried for almost two hours to fall back to sleep. Every time Liam slightly drifted off, his body wanted him to turn onto his side, but the neck brace dug into him uncomfortably.