♛ENDGAME♛

Liam roamed the ground floor until evening.

"I don't think it's coming tonight" Zayn said without moving his eyes from the TV. They sat in the games room and Liam sat on the windowsill, watching the pebbled path that plunged into darkness.

"It said it was due to arrive."

"What did you order?"

Liam didn't answer him, so Zayn turned with a raised eyebrow. Liam pursed his lips and avoided his gaze. "Another book."

Zayn snorted and shook his head. "If you don't slow down, we'll have to build an extension just for your books."

"It's just one book this time." Liam eventually got tired of staring from the window and plopped himself down next to his boyfriend.

"What's the book about?" Zayn asked after casually hooking an arm around his shoulders.

"You wouldn't like it."

"Romance then." Zayn smirked and jabbed Liam's side. He tried to squirm away but Zayn held him down and cupped his cheeks. "Maybe-

"Liam!" a wolf shouted from the table, stalling her chess game.

A guard from the gate stood by the window, waving a brown parcel by the window. Liam bounced from the couch. His joy made everyone grin as he tore open the package and hurried from the room with the book pressed to his chest.

Liam passed his parents in the long corridor that had both the door to the canteen, and the heavy door to the stairwell. He zoomed past and his dad yelled, "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"A book!" (Lmao- Liam represents all the book readers) Liam yelled back, shoving his bodyweight against the stairwell door to push it open. He grinned to himself as he jumped up the stairs two at a time. He was getting used to seeing his parents every day, which was odd.

He had spent so long wishing he could do normal things with them again that doing normal things with them again was strange.
Liam bolted to the bedroom and buried himself under the duvet. He stayed in the same place until Zayn came to bed.

The werewolf stood in the doorway, staring at Liam with a soft endearing look in his eyes, the kind of twinkle that appeared when other people had been talking about his mate.

"Night Liam!" Solana yelled from down the corridor.

"Night!" Liam replied, grinning at Zayn who shut the door and stalked to the bathroom. He held their gaze until the bathroom door shut behind him. Liam heard him brushing his teeth and washing his face.

Zayn returned in his usual black shorts, though the nights were cold now that winter had arrived and he sometimes wore a t-shirt.

Though Liam got cold easily, and Zayn liked to share his unnatural body heat with him through the bitter nights.

This evening was one of those harsh cold nights. Liam pushed himself to Zayn's side as soon as he sat beside him. Zayn kissed his temple and Liam turned his head to kiss his lips.

Liam then snuggled into him and read for a little while longer.

A little while longer turned into an hour, then two, then three, then Liam wanted tea. He tiptoed to his library, but returned to the bedroom so his absence wouldn't wake Zayn. Liam sat on the windowsill and read his book in the moonlight, not able to put it down despite it being 2:30 in the morning.

Halfway through his cup of honey and tea, faint shadows kept moving across his pages. At first Liam thought the shadows were birds, but they were too small and too frequent. He looked up when he thought the room was a little brighter.