2.31༊*·˚

Zayn had apologised and apologised, and apologised. Each one was just as honest as the last. Zayn had received a few comments about how he would be very hard to trust from now on.

Zayn knew how much he had to prove himself, and he was nervous, but eager to fight for his Alpha position. He wanted to be back at the top of his game, but in a healthier way.

"Do you have any questions or anything you would like me to work on in the future?" Zayn asked the last set of wolves. Four of them were the wolves who had polluted Liam's library with their intimidation.

"Yes, I have a question," an Omega said, crossing her arms.

Zayn couldn't remember her name and felt bad for it. He nodded and gestured for her to continue.

"I'm not happy about treating the human like he's above us just because he's your mate."

Zayn gripped the pen and glanced to Baela who mouthed for him to stay calm. "I'm not asking you to treat him like he's above you, I'm asking for you to treat him with the respect you give each other, and the respect Liam deserves, which is a hell of a lot more than what you give him now."

"What if I don't want to."

Zayn could feel a glare returning to his face. The other wolves suddenly looked very uncomfortable. Don't snap, don't snap, don't snap.

"Then you can look for another pack. Liam is a member of this pack too, and you will treat him as such. If you don't, you get no more warnings, you will have to leave. Is that understood?" his tone was bitter, but it was better than a fist to the face.

The wolf looked down with a frown and didn't answer him. Zayn couldn't let that go unacknowledged. "I said, is that understood?"

"But it's my opinion."

Zayn felt a wave of fury through every vein. Don't let it control you. He glanced to Baela again who was staring hard at the back of the Omega's head.

Zayn's heart elevated and his eyes pulsed red. The wolves around the Omega gripped their chairs, getting ready to scramble out of Zayn's way if he dove for her.

"Your opinion supports injustice towards another person, therefore your opinion is fucking irrelevant. That sort of behaviour is no longer tolerated from myself, and you. Liam is not just human, he is your Alpha's mate. You treat him with that respect, or you leave Ethdellin Pack. The choice is not difficult."

The wolf sitting next to her jabbed her with his elbow when she didn't say anything.

"Fine" the Omega then muttered. "I'll tolerate him."

Zayn shot to his feet, and the wolves flinched, but Zayn held onto his desk to stop himself from marching around it and dragging her to the gate himself.

"Baela, see the other wolves out. We have to talk alone" he growled, keeping his gaze with the Omega who suddenly widened her eyes.

"Actually-"

"Sit" he ordered, and she did.

When the door closed behind them, and silence rung out for longer than necessary, Zayn slowly sat back down, seething.

"What's your fucking problem?" he asked, knowing Baela would be listening from the other side of the door.

He didn't want to lose his composure and ruin everything he had said that day, but he wasn't yet used to dealing had said that day, but he wasn't yet used to dealing with people pushing his buttons without slapping the words from their mouths or scaring them senseless.