1.60𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Zayn charged behind the Omega's who continued their way through the open gate, down the long path and into Zayn's Packhouse. Zayn waited by the gate while other packs quickly crowded the back of the huge building.

Zayn wanted to be one of the first to attack the Southern wolves, but his Omega's formed a neat half-moon shape around him.

When the first set of Omega wolves charged bravely into the building, Zayn listened.

All the wolves by the gate sat still, staring eagerly at the house in the distance. They waited for a second howl for backup. The howl never came.

Zayn was first to edge forward through the gate.
He sniffed the air, taking calm and collected steps down the gravel path.

Suddenly, a wolf bolted from the doors. Zayn's hackles were up in seconds. Then another wolf appeared, and another and another. They were enemy wolves, and Zayn had the pleasure of breaking through his Omega wolves and running as fast as he could, He collided with the other wolf at full speed and slashed his claws across its face, then sank his teeth into its neck.

Warm blood filled Zayn's mouth. He let it drip down his fur and dove on the next wolf. Other Alpha wolves seemed to enjoy themselves as much as him while joining him in the fight.

As the enemy body count rose higher and higher, revenge didn't taste sweet. Revenged tasted of copper blood and musty wolf scents and dirty fur.

Zayn glanced behind him to see his mother, Harry, and Junes' mate standing together by the gate. Zayn could tell by the hard look on his mother's face that she wanted to fight. Solana wanted to avenge Xavier's death. So Zayn avenged his father for her and killed as many southern wolves as he could manage.

Zayn was nothing short of savage as he flung scrawny Southern wolves into the mouths of other Northern wolves. Zayn's huge black and brown wolf intimidated the others. His red eyes were terrifying even in daylight. When Zayn growled, he looked like a monster of nightmares, especially with blood dripping from his mouth.

A white wolf was the last wolf to run from the building. The wolf was big, but not an Alpha. Zayn hoped the Omega wolves had captured the Alpha and saved him for Zayn and his mother to kill.

The other Alpha wolves stood back and watched as Zayn galloped towards the big white wolf. Zayn and the enemy rose on their back legs and their front paws slashed. Zayn bit the side of the wolf's face and it whimpered in pain. The white wolf tried to slash Zayn's side, but his fur was too thick and barely scraped the skin underneath.

Zayn sank his large black claws into the enemy's neck. Red blood soaked white fur. Zayn was strong enough for his claws to push far into the wolf's neck, and the white wolf weakened as blood splattered all over the gravel path. As the enemy fell, Zayn stood over it, watching it gurgle each breath, listening to its whimpers.

Zayn felt no remorse, only power pulsing through his body. He soon sat by the corpse and stared blankly at the entrance to his Packhouse, waiting to know if it was safe. Zayn wanted to charge into the building and fight until he no longer had the strength to lift his paws, but he had a mate now. Zayn couldn't risk himself like that, not if it meant that Liam would die if Zayn died.

Soon, Omega wolves who had returned to their human forms exited the house. Zayn watched them glance at each other nervously until a woman stepped forwards with a harsh limp.

"We killed all the southern wolves, but there was no sign of the Alpha."

Zayn's heart sank. He was more irritated than disappointed. If the Southern Alpha was still out there, then the fight wasn't over.