2.28༊*·˚

And here we mark 100th chapter of "Twisted Fate"

Enjoy!

When Liam didn't show for breakfast, Baela went to the room he stayed in on the second floor. The door was open, the bed was messy, but Liam wasn't there. Baela panicked until she told herself that she could still smell him in the building.

The day Liam left to find Zayn, and she told him she didn't notice he had gone, Liam had looked so hurt and did his best to hide it.

Baela knew he received that level of care when he lived with his aunt and uncle. They didn't even bother to check on him before they left for weeks at a time.

Baela was determined for Liam to feel safe and at ease in the Packhouse, so she climbed the stairs to the third floor and that's where Liam's sweet scent hit her the strongest.

Liam wasn't in the library. His smell wafted from Zayn's room.

She was smiling to herself when Solana left her room, looking a little more refreshed than she did a few days ago.

"I know," Solana said, pulling on a black knitted jumper with a wolf's head embroidered at the ends of the sleeves. "I smell him too."

"Do you think they've made up?"

"I think Liam needed him through the night. He came at around two in the morning"

"I see." Liam often told Baela about his troubling dreams, and she was thankful she didn't dream at all. "I'll leave them to it."

"Baela," Solana said before she disappeared through the heavy stairwell door. "I'll walk with you."

Baela held the door open for her. It had taken a while for Solana to warm up to Baela. At first she didn't believe that Baela was fit for the Beta position because she was more Omega than Beta, and Solana was born a full Beta. But Baela had proven herself by putting up with Zayn when all he did was push her away. And she was very organised, and a very loveable person.

Liam liked her, Zayn liked her, therefore Solana liked her too.

As they left to get on with their day, the boys slept into the late afternoon. Zayn was first to wake, feeling fulfilled, not hollow like the previous morning.

He stretched lightly, feeling Liam in his arms. That was a normal feeling, but then Zayn remembered what had happened the past week, and his eyes opened wide at the realisation that Liam was back with him, sleeping close, and sleeping in their room.

Zayn stared into his brown wavy hair, listening to Liam's soft breathing. Zayn was suddenly wide awake and feeling great, thanks to the human in his arms.

He still thought of the day he snapped at Liam, and spoke to him like he was never anything other than an inconvenient human. Zayn cringed and wished he could take that back. He couldn't, so the next best thing was to hold Liam tightly and show him every day for the rest of their lives that he loved him more than life itself.

Liam woke not long after Zayn, just as content. He was warm, refreshed, and instantly at ease. He stretched and stared with soft brown eyes.

"Good..." Zayn looked over to the clock on the bedside table. "Evening." The last time he slept in so late was years ago.

"Evening?" Liam questioned, stretching some more.

"It's almost six."

Liam turned to see for himself. He barely slept in past 9 in the morning.

"I guess we needed it," he mumbled, sitting up and yawning.

"You don't have to get up. I can bring food up and you can rest. You felt like you were getting ill yesterday."