1.47𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Liam thought back to when he was eleven years old. He thought back to the time his parents died.

His parents went on a camping trip with Harry's parents. For once, they didn't bring Harry and Liam, who at the time, were good friends because their parents were good friends.

The night Liam's parents died, and Harry's father died, they were both sleeping at Harry's grandparents' house.

Liam had woken up before Harry on a Sunday morning, who slept with his feet in Liam's face. Liam remembered hearing sobs outside the kitchen. Liam was an awkward child and lingered at the door for long enough to hear the words he would never forget.

"Wolves." Harry's granddad said in a grieving rage. "They ate them whole. I'll bet allI have. Wolves killed them!" Harry's granddad slammed his fists on the table while his wife buried her face in tissues. "You can't tell me that a wild dog ate everything, even the bones?" The old man fell into his chair with a heart crushing whimper. "How will we tell that soft boy Liam that his parents were eaten by damn wolves!"

Liam cringed at the memory, and the memories that happened after that. Liam didn't cry a single tear when he was officially told about his parents. He was so shocked, he sat in silence for days, not able to say a single word or eat or drink. Harry had cried and clung to his motherbwhen she finally came home, injured, and not mentally
present, but alive.

Liam had nobody to hug. People thought he was weird that he didn't cry, but he thought he had to be strong, and he knew crying wouldn't bring back his parents.

When he moved into his aunt and uncles house, and returned to school, Harry turned on him. He blamed Liam's parents for his father's death because Liam's parents werenthe ones to invite Harry's parents and pushed for one last camping trip before the end of summer.

Everyone seemed to forget that Liam lost his parents too because Harry was so loud about his father and how Liam's parents were to blame. At the time, Liam couldn't understand that Harry was a grieving boy and desperatelynneeding someone to blame. Still, if Liam had understood grief better, it wouldn't make any of it hurt a
any less.

The day Harry turned on him was the day Liam cried, and he felt.

It better for letting his emotions out. From that day on, he cried himself to sleep most nights until people started to ignore Liam, and he could move on withoutbhearing rumours of wolves, hearing who was to blame, and being talked about at school.

By then, Harry had mixed himself with different people, bullies, and turned into a bully himself. Liam not only grieved for his parents, but for the friend he lost.

The moon ventured behind the clouds, darkening the woods around Liam and Harry. Liam never thought they would be sat together after all these years of torment, running from the beasts that tore them apart in the first place.

"We should keep going-" Liam's legs had stiffened, but he would run for as long as it took to be safe. He rubbed his hands together as Harry stood too. "I- think we ran five miles, maybe four."

"We should run a few more at least." Harry looked to the tracks they already made and decided that they should stop running in such a straight line. The snow was covering their tracks, but not quick enough for them to be truly lost.

They ran for 30 more minutes. Liam was warm and still able to go on, but Harry hadn't spent years of running like Liam and had to stop to catch his breath.

"You run... too fast," Harry panted, holding his side.

"You have to be fast to not get caught" Liam mumbled, eyeing his bully.