1.48𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

Liam stared at the wolf for a long cold minute. The wolf nudged his cheek with its wet nose and even tried to lick Liam's face.

Liam wasn't sure if he wanted to run, talk, cry, or just lie in the snow until the cold engulfed him. Liam knew what Zayn's wolf looked like, and that same wolf looked down on him, occasionally pawing at his shoulder.

How do I know it's really Zayn?A part of Liam wanted to deny that werewolves even existed, despite one staring him in the face with glowing red eyes. Liam was still worried that the wolf wasn't Zayn at all and would snap him up as soon as he moved.

Eventually, snow crunched under more feet and familiar voices echoed down the slope. "Get over there," Louis hissed. Liam then heard what sounded like someone tripping in the snow.

"Liam, it's okay. It's Zayn, we just needed to be wolves to find you!" Louis yelled down at
him. The wolf sat on its haunches and Liam finally dared to sit up. He glanced to Louis her black and white tux dress. His hair was more ruffled than it was at the party. He stood in front of Harry with a pointed finger in his face. Harry timidly stared at the ground, like a child in trouble with a parent.

Liam looked back to the wolf who hadn't moved a muscle.

Blood dried around the wolf's mouth, and across the wolf's face.

Is this really Zayn? Liam struggled to link the tall, dark haired, muscular nineteen-year-old to the fluffy yet terrifying wolf with glowing eyes.

"C-Change back," Liam whispered. The wolf stood on all fours again, and Liam tensed. "I-In front of me. I have to see this," he whispered to himself.

The wolf's eyes flicked to Louis who angrily scolding his mate for pushing Liam towards wolves that could have been the enemy. Liam was glad that Zayn wasn'tbgoing after Harry, his heart wasn't strong enough to see him attack.

The wolf sat down again and lowered its head. Liam then watched as the beast transformed. Bones cracking and limbs distorting was so horrifying, Liam couldn't look away. Wide eyed, he watched everything.

The transformation was like Zayn's wolf turned inside out to reveal Zayn on the inside, crouching in the snow, trying to tolerate the excruciating pain with a brave frown.

Zayn turned his neck and it cracked, and the transformation was complete. He stared hard at Liam's horrified reaction.

"Oh come on," Zayn said deeply. Snowflakes landed softly on his dark hair. "I'm not that ugly."

Liam would have been sick if he didn't fill the woods with nervous laughter. Liam covered his mouth and blinked until his eyes stopped stinging. More important things filled his head, like the scratches across Zayn's face.

"You're hurt" he made himself say. Liam had no problem getting close to Zayn in his human form.
He knelt in the snow, cupping Zayn's face. A cut deep enough to concern Liam, spread from Zayn's inner brow, across his nose, and over his left cheek. Another scratch spread from the outer corner of Zayn's right eye, to the top of his lip.

"Don't worry about me," Zayn mumbled. He pulled Liam's hands away from his face and wrapped them around his neck. Zayn gripped Liam's waist and hugged him tightly, burying his face into Liam's cold neck. "You're freezing."

Liam shivered against him, pushing his body into Zayn who was hot like he spent his time standing next to an open fire

"I'm so glad you're okay" Liam said through chattering teeth.

Zayn's arms were around his mate, but his eyes were firmly on Harry standing at the top of the slope.

"I don't care what differences you've had in the past," Louis yelled at his mate. "Liam is Zayn's mate. Zayn is family! Imagine if we were the enemy. Both of you wouldn't have made it 100 yards. Pushing Liam down the slope is something I hope you never do again. It was cowardly and I will willingly give Zayn your head ifyou carry on. Do you hear me? One day, I won't be around when you hurt his mate, and Zayn will come for you."