Chapter 3

N/B - The story started 4 years after the accident. While Becky lost her memories from 18 years ago. She only has her childhood memories.

I hope this helps with the confusion..

....................................

"Are you sure about this?" I asked as we get our things ready for the trip to Thailand.

"Of course Becky. I also want to explore the city of Bangkok" Jane said smiling.

We have spent some days here in Beijing already and the city is really nice. We will be leaving to Thailand the next day for the presentation which will be holding in three days time. If Jane thinks going to Thailand is good, then let's do it. We didn't tell my dad or Richie because they will never agree to it.

It's just for a week, then we can come back to China and continue our vacation here. Maybe I will use the opportunity to visit our old mansion. I am curious to know the new owners of the house now.

The next day we boarded our flight to Thailand. We arrived at Bangkok in the evening and were welcomed by a terrific traffic. The driver said there is always a traffic on this road every evening. I don't remember a thing about this city anymore. It looks so strange to me having that 18 years of my life here was completely erased from my mind.

"Maybe this country doesn't want us here" Jane said making a joke.

Well, I am beginning to think the same. How can we be welcomed with this? I so much hate traffic. I rather abandon my car and come back for it later than stay a second in traffic.

"We have spent over an hour here. Perhaps it's a sign of something not so pleasant" Jane added and the driver started laughing.

"You are funny ma'am. But be rest assured that it's nothing to be afraid of. The traffic here is always unbeatable every evening especially on week days." the driver said.

"Bangkok is a great city. You will like it here and I'm sure you will get the answer you seek here" he added.

Jane and I looked at each other in surprise. we will get the answer we seek? Why did he say that? Is he talking about my relationship with Jane? I mean, since the main reason we went on a vacation is to build our bond. Or is he talking about the business? Since I am here to convince Mr. Antonio to invest in our business.

Jane interlocked our fingers and smiled at me. Maybe he meant my relationship with Jane. I also wish for it to happen. If I must get married to her, I should at least have some feelings for her. Right?

I smiled back at her and looked out of the window. I saw a restaurant that looked quite familiar. If it is familiar, that means I have been to this place but I don't remember at all how or when I was here. I wind down the window glass to take a very good look at the place. 

"Do you know this place?" Jane asked.

She probably asked because of how much this building caught my attention.

"Not sure" I answered while still looking at the restaurant.

"We can have our vacation here if you want" she said and I quickly turned to her in surprise over why she said that.

"I'm sure you are curious about this place. Maybe if we stay longer, it will help with your memory..." She continued.

"My dad would kill me if he finds out we are here". I cut her off.

Silence

"So before he does, let's hurry back to China as soon as we are done with the program" I continued.