Chapter 39

"For your information. The break up still stands. We are over. This time not because of my dad. But because I just realized you are not good for me." Becky said and started walking to the bathroom.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest hearing her say that. How can she say I am not good for her? I know she said that out of anger but it still hurts.

"Becky wait" I followed her but she slammed the door at my face.

"Becky?" I called while knocking on the door.

Silence

"Becky open the door" I continued knocking but she didn't respond, neither did she open the door.

This is so messed up. I feel so sad over everything. Because of my anger, I hurt her again. I shouldn't have said those things to her. I continued knocking hoping that she opens the door until my phone started ringing. Heng called for the second time forcing me to answer the call.

"Heng can we talk later?" I said over the phone

"No Freen. I don't think it can wait" he said stopping me from hanging up.

I let out a sigh. I hope it's something very important. I am not in a good mood at all to listen to something irrelevant.

"Okay. You can talk to me" I reluctantly agreed and started walking out of the room to the balcony.

"Have you left home already?" He asked.

"I am still at home. Why?."

"Are you sure you are okay Freen?" He asked curiously. Why? Did something happen?

"Yes. Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly.

"I am just worried" he said. I can sense from his tone that he is panicking.

"What's wrong Heng?" I asked.

"Have you noticed any suspicious movement around you recently? As if you're being stalked or something?"

"Can you be more direct?" I said losing my patience. I don't have time for the suspense.

"Nop said something to me about Mr. Armstrong"

I let out a sigh of frustration. Does everything revolve around that man? I am tired of hearing his name already.

"He didn't want to say it at first because he promised to keep it a secret but I forced it out of him" he continued.

"I really don't care about that man anymore Heng. I don't want to hear about him.."

"You have to hear this one because your life and our lives as your family members are in danger."

"What are you talking about?"

"Mr Armstrong is stalking you... Us..." He said.

"What do you mean he's stalking us?" I asked trying to be as calm as possible.

"He has people watching our every move."

I let out a sigh of frustration. I have known him to be evil but really? Does he have to go this far? The only reason that man is still existing is because of Becky. I would have dealt with him in a very terrible way.

"Mr. Armstrong has always been like this, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you...." I replied trying to calm him down because I can feel from his voice that he's panicking.

"I know but this one is more serious. You know the kind of person he is. He does exactly what he plans to do. He's threatening to take our lives if Becky doesn't get married to Jane.."