Chapter 4

Jane and I have been exploring the city for hours. Going from Museum to temples to parks. Thailand is beautiful and I am beginning to fall in love with the country.  We made the list of places we saw on the internet that we would like to go and we were about going to the next park when I saw this huge building. It's a hospital. The name is the same as the name of the hospital that I was admitted to when the accident happened before I was transferred to a hospital in England.

I asked the driver to be sure there is only one hospital with the name and he confirmed it. I immediately got out of the car while looking around. I am having the urge to go into the building. At least to look around the hospital that saved my life when I was half dead. But I am skeptical about going in.

My dad said I spent 3 months here before I was transferred to England and that I was in coma for close to a year.  They have refused to tell me in details everything that had happened because they are protecting me. Telling me may trigger something and I may stress my brain to remember which may damage my brain the more.

"Do you wanna check it out?" Jane asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"Uhm...." I stuttered nervously.

"I told you I will always support whatever you want to do especially here. As long as it will fulfill your curiosity" Jane said smiling.

I want to go but my legs are not moving. I am a little nervous because I don't know if I am emotionally ready to walk into that place.

"Maybe I should do my check up here as well" Jane continued.

Jane has always been so supportive of whatever I want. I was silent for a while not sure of what to say.

"Let's do it this way. You can look around the hospital while I do my check up."

"Jane..." I called weakly.

"Come on" she said and grabbed my hand to the hospital gate.

We met the receptionist and explained why we came. Jane was assigned a nurse who will guide her through the checkup processes. While I was assigned a worker who will show me around. 

Jane walked to me and hugged me tightly. She cupped my cheeks and kissed me. I am not completely okay with that but I allowed her do it. She's finding it difficult to let go of me and go with the nurse. Why is she acting like we are parting ways forever?

"I will call you once I am done" Jane said looking at me in the eyes.

I only nodded and she smiled. She kissed me again before leaving with the nurse. This time I was able to look around me more clearly. The reception center looks so organized and the way they welcome and attend to patients is beautiful.

"This way please ma'am" the worker said in English and I turned to him.

He has a smile on his face, forcing me to smile back at him. I love the fact that he tried to speak in English even though he isn't so perfect in it.

"I understand Thai. So you don't have to stress yourself to communicate in foreign language" I said to him.

"Oh that's a relief." He heaved a sigh of relief.

"Thank you for visiting ma'am. There are three things you need to know about this hospital" he said as we walk to a door at the other side.

"Firstly, we are the best in Thailand and one of the best in Asia" he said and I rolled my eyes while smiling.

"Having doubts? I will show you our awards as the best" he said and I laughed.

"Of course I have no doubt. I was saved here" I said