Chapter 40

"I knew you will ask of this someday that was why I did not dispose it as you demanded" Mr. Lee said dropping a folder on my desk.

I smiled and took it from him. I had requested for the folder I earlier asked him to dispose out of anger. Thank God he still has it.

I quickly opened it and went through the first page. This is so perfect. It's my turn to play this game with Mr. Armstrong. And I have decided to detach personal feelings from it. Becky will probably get mad when she finds out but I hope she understands. I am doing it for us. We both deserve to be happy and having each other is where our happiness lies.

"Thank you Mr. Lee for this" I said with a smile on my face.

He nodded while smiling proudly. Mr. Lee is a doctor in my hospital. Infact he has become my personal doctor but he is so smart that I wished he could be a secret investigator instead. He has information and connection regarding such matters. And he carries out any work I give him perfectly, most times above my expectations.

"Please update me on the current situation" I said resting my back on my boss chair.

"We found 5 bugs in total in your apartment. One in each room but we noticed the one in your bedroom had stopped working for a while now." He said.

"Oh!" My short response.

That means they didn't hear the drama in my room that morning. Perfect!

"They will definitely come back to implant or fix the bad one in your bedroom so we mounted a secret camera. With that we can see who has access to your room." I nodded in satisfaction.

"In the meantime, I advise you take every personal documents out of your apartment. The office is bug free, you can keep them safely here" he continued.

Well, I never kept any important documents in my apartment anyways, so that doesn't matter at all. My information is safe where they are.

"What can you do about the bugs?"

"I know it's uncomfortable ma'am, but we need you to continue pretending you know nothing about it. Go home, do your normal activities in the house as if you have no idea that the apartment is bugged."

I heaved a sigh and stroked my forehead. That's a very difficult task. How can I be comfortable in that apartment? I wasn't able to sleep properly there last night even with a knife beside me. I know I am trying to be strong for Becky but deep inside, I am afraid. It's my life we are talking about here.

"We are tracing the bugs to their information room. And very soon we will get there. Please bear it for few more days" he said when he saw the stress on my face.

"Okay. I can do it" I muttered.

"We tapped into his phone conversations for two days now. There has been no suspicious movement so far"

"Please keep following him. Especially since I need to know every of his step. I don't want to miss any information until I fully get what I want" I said and he nodded.

"We are on it ma. Rest assured that we have bugged his apartment, cars, and all the places he loves going. There's no minute we are not following him"

"Good" I said and opened the documents again. Let's see who beats who in this dirty game of his.

"When is his annual general meeting holding?" I asked while still going through the document.

"In two weeks time" he responded quickly.

"What about his signature on those papers?" I asked now looking at him.

"It's kind of hard getting his signature ma'am...."