Chapter 43

It's been over a week I saw Becky last. Everything is going as planned. Mr. Lee did a perfect job getting Mr. Armstrong's signature on the papers. And I am getting ready for the next step. I promised Becky to get her out of this and I will do it in the only way I know will be productive.

I just closed from work about to go home when my phone started ringing. That's Mr. Lee calling. I quickly answered it.

"There's something you need to see ma'am" he said.

"It's a footage from the camera we installed in your room ma'am." He continued.

"Did you see the person?"

"Yes ma'am but I don't understand why it has to be her..." He said

"Who?"

"It's best you see it for yourself ma'am"

"Forward the video to me" I demanded.

"Straight away" he responded

"Is everything ready for the trip to Tokyo?" I asked

"Everything is ready. We have met with the necessary people."

"So when are you leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow ma'am."

"Good. Please be careful" I said.

After the phone call, I opened the message he sent to me and started watching the video. 3 minutes into the video, I saw someone walked into my room. 

"Freen?" Lily called as she opened the bathroom door.

When was this? The time says 10 pm. She was in my house on that day I had dinner with my family? That day I went to her house. I told her I would be having dinner with my family why did she come? Was she actually expecting I would drive back home that night?

My eyes widened when I saw her squat beside the vanity. What the hell is she doing?

"Oh my God!"

"Oh my God!!" I exclaimed louder and dropped my phone.

I started panicking. Not for anything but because I was shocked to the core. I never expected this. She never crossed my mind. I never suspected her one bit. Why would she do this to me? she's been working for Mr. Armstrong this whole time? What did he promise her? How the hell is she the mole?

"Liliana planted those bugs?"

I grabbed my things and left the office instantly. I need to know why she did this. I am angry and hurt. I feel betrayed. I trusted her with my life and she did this to me?

"Where are you Lily?" I asked as soon as I got her on the phone.

"Home. Why?"

"I will be there in a minute" I said and ended the call.

I drove with full speed to her place. Lily smiled and hugged me tightly when she saw me. Her smiles are still as innocent as before making me wonder why she did such a thing.

I followed her to her room and locked the door behind us. I only need the truth from her and I am giving her the chance to say the truth. I hope she won't lie because I may not be able to control my anger if she does.

"What's wrong Freen. You don't look happy at all" she said.

"I am not happy"

"Why? Did something happen?"

"I just found out Mr. Armstrong bugged my apartment" I said and she started coughing.

"I'm sorry. Have this" I said and offered her a bottle water on the table.