Chapter 34

"Becky don't think like that. Freen doesn't hate you" Nop said.

"She doesn't look at me anymore" I said with a shaky voice.

"She may be angry with you but she doesn't hate you." Irin said

"Yes Becky. Freen is just angry and I totally understand why she is." Nop added

We are in the reception hall for the wedding party. Nop and Irin are here with me trying to make me feel better. I am so sad. The reaction from Freen when Irin said we should take some pictures hurt me. I am so sad. This wasn't how I pictured today to be. I thought I would feel better after seeing her but my sadness just increased. I hate it so much that Freen is angry with me.

"She doesn't know about your dad's threats. She thought you broke up with her because you couldn't stand your people hating you" Irin said and I signalled her to stop talking.

Gosh! Did she forget Nop is here? I know he is also my friend but he is very close to Freen. I mean, they are literally family members now. who keeps secrets from a family member especially from the husband? If Nop knows, Heng will definitely know.

"What threat?" Nop asked in confusion.

He heard it? He's looking at us in surprise expecting an answer. Irin and I looked at each other. Should we tell him?

"Uhm...." We stuttered in unison.

"Uhm..."

"What's going on? What are you not telling me?" He asked again confusedly.

"It's really nothing..." Irin tried speaking.

"What is nothing? You just said she broke up with Freen because of her dad's threat. What threat is that? Is your dad threatening you over Freen?"

Silence

"Talk to me Becky. What threat are you talking about?" He asked curiously.

"Nop. You need to calm down."

"Well, I will only be calm if you tell me what I need to know".

I let out a sigh and sipped my drink. He won't be easy to handle right now. There was about a minute of silence as he continued looking at the both of us to say something.

"Fine. But you have to promise not to tell anyone. Okay?" Irin finally broke the silence and I looked at her in surprise.

She wants to tell him? I don't remember a thing about our friendship in the past but I think we never kept anything from each other.

"Not even your husband" she added.

"Hmmm"

"Nop!"

"Fine. Fine"

"Becky broke up with Freen because her dad threatened to kill her if she doesn't" Irin finally spilled the tea.

"What are you talking about?"

"He's stalking every of her move. He's stalking her family also..."

"You mean he's stalking Heng? Heng is in danger?" Nop started panicking.

"Keep it down Nop. Everyone is safe now. Becky already did what he wanted"

Silence

"Freen needs to know. They all need to know. So they can be careful. We can get the police involved also..."

"You think we don't know that? But we can't get the police involved because it's an illegal act and Becky wants to protect her family's image"

Nop got silent as if he was trying to process everything. After about a minute he..