Chapter 24

I am slightly panicking. I can't believe this. Richie is in town? He called me some minutes ago to inform me about it. I don't need a prophet to tell me who sold us out. How long have they known we are in Thailand and how much information do they have? Jane probably told them everything. I took a deep breath before turning the door handle. Jane is sitting on the sofa when I got in.

"Hey baby you're back" she said with a smile on her face.

Really? Just really? So we just gonna pretend nothing happened? Like you did nothing at all? I ignored her and started walking to the bedroom but stopped when a knock was heard. That must be him..

"Uhm Becky... There's something you need to know...."

"Richie is here. Of course I know that. You told them Jane! You sold us out!!'

"Not exactly okay? It didn't happen exactly as you think..."

"We agreed not to let them know. Not to tell them we are in Thailand. How could you do something like this?"

"You've been acting weird lately. Staying out late and sleeping out as well. I got so worried about your safety, of course I had to tell them" she said.

"You're so shameless..."

"Hey! Watch your mouth" she cautioned.

"I can't do this with you right now" I muttered under my breath and walked to the door.

I was right. That was Richie. I know he feels disappointed in me. I moved out of the way and he walked straight to the sofa. Sitting directly opposite Jane. I let out a sigh and walked back to them.

"I didn't know you were coming to Thailand" I said.

"Becky how could you?" Richie fumed.

"I'm sorry okay? I am sorry I came here without informing you but that's because you'd never permit me"

"Of course we wouldn't. We are trying to keep you safe!"

"From what exactly?"

"From this horrible place. Thailand is not good for you"

"Who said so? I have been enjoying this country ever since I got here. I love it here"

"Are you kidding me right now Becky? You almost lost your life here. How could you be enjoying it? Don't you feel traumatized?"

"Well, I am sorry I don't feel traumatized at all. But is that why? Why you don't want me to be here or there's something more?"

Silence

"The doctor said we should....." He broke the silence.

"Keep me away from anything that may trigger me, I get that but you all keep acting like I'm 15. For fuck sake, I am 26! I know what is good for me" I cut him off.

"No you don't!!" He fumed shutting me up.

Silence

"No matter how much you think you know, you still have no idea about what is good for you and what is not Becky!! We are your family, our duty is to keep you safe!!" He yelled.

He continued yelling angrily while I was quiet the whole time.  I don't really get it. They are trying to keep me safe? Safe from what exactly? Since I got here, I haven't been triggered, well except for the good images I am having which aren't harmful to me. Why are they keeping me in the dark?

"You can't have your vacation here Becky. It's best you go back to China or return to England with me" He said that caught my attention.

"Why should I do that? It's my vacation, I should decide where to have them" I said.