Chapter 42

Becky is so angry with me. I never thought she was affected by the rumour flying round about Lily and I. I have tried everything to get her to smile at me but to no avail. I shouldn't have gone to see Lily. Because of that, Becky isn't talking to me anymore.

"Try this. It's delicious" I said while pushing a plate of food to her.

"No thanks" her short response.

Gosh! I have literally done everything but she isn't giving in. I'm sure at this point Heng noticed because he kept looking at the both of us.

"Is everything okay?" He finally asked and I nodded.

I know he didn't buy that. But he smiled and continued with his food. Becky on the other hand is avoiding my eyes and has refused to make any physical contact with me.

"You will like it my dear. Try it" My dad said offering her the same food.

She smiled and took it from him. I let out a sigh and took my water in one gulp. I think I am so in trouble right now. How do I get out of this one?

"Uhm.. Heng and I have an announcement to make" Nop said taking me out of my thoughts.

I looked at them. Not just me, all of us did. Nop smiled and intertwined their fingers before continuing.

"We have decided to have another child" he said

"Really?" My dad exclaimed excitedly and they nodded.

"Yes Uncle. A girl this time" Heng said.

"That's so beautiful. I am happy for the both of you" Becky said happily.

I didn't say a word. I became a little sad instantly. Don't get me wrong. I am happy for Heng and Nop but I am sad because deep down in me, I want a child also. I want a tiny voice to call me mummy every morning and night. My house is too quiet, I want a child running around the house and messing up my sitting room. I know I pretend I don't care about those things but I really want that too.

Hearing Nop say they want to have a second child pushed me back to reality. The only person I see myself having kids with is Becky and the situation isn't letting us be together. I hope at the end, my plan works and I can finally settle down with her.

"Why are you so quiet?" My dad asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"It's nothing. I am fine. Congratulations Nop" I said.

I looked at Becky and our eyes locked for some seconds. But she instantly looked away when I wanted to say something to her. I forgot she was still sulking. I am obviously getting punished for going to see Lily.

After about an hour, we were done. Nop and Heng left to their room. My dad left to his as well leaving only Becky and I in the dinning. I grabbed her hands but she pulled away from me.

"Don't touch me. Not after touching Liliana with those hands" she said.

I let out a sigh and looked at her. I didn't even touch Lily. We only talked in her sitting room and that was it. But Becky won't believe me.

"I am sorry baby for going to see her. Please don't think I have something going on with her."

"Then why are you not clearing the rumour? Just yesterday, I read that you were in Chiang Mai last week for a business meeting with her. You shared the same hotel room and was seen together in a romantic garden having dinner"

"I didn't want to think much about that but telling me you went to see her after our fight is making me overthink all that a lot"

"Yes I was in Chiang Mai last week but it was solely a business trip...." I said and she looked at me.