Chapter 12

"I have watched so much Korean drama recently." She said while laughing.

Gosh why did she do that? How can she joke with something like this? My heart stopped beating for a minute when she talked about the girl she loved but now she's telling me she was only joking?

"Don't tell me you bought that?" 

"Well...." I muttered confusedly.

"I just told a story from the series I finished watching last night".

I smiled nervously and took my drink in one gulp. My heart is still heavy over what she just said. Who makes a joke like that? I know I pulled a joke some minutes ago but I wasn't completely joking. I meant it when I said I feel like love didn't favour me in my past life and that my heart is sealed because I don't remember ever being in love. I know I also lied about loving Jane but why did she pull a joke like that?

I was so shocked earlier and for a second I thought I shared something very similar with this girl she was talking about only for it to be all a joke. Was she trying to mock me or something?

"Are you okay?" She asked and I looked at her.

Her eyes are full of concern and she's probably asking because of how quiet I suddenly became. How can I be okay after what she did? I am really not okay. It's weird how what she said got to my soul.

"I am sorry for my insensitive statement earlier. I should have known it would affect you..."

"It's fine. You only wanted to keep the conversation going. I completely understand that" I said and she smiled.

After drinking, we made our way back to the parking lot. To be honest I am still not over her jokes. A part of me feels she was talking about me. The emotions in her eyes when she said that, plus how she acted the first day she saw me. Am I really correct that she was talking about me or are they just in my head?

We got into the car about to take off but she isn't starting the car yet and I wonder why. She's looking at me without saying anything and after a while she moved so close to me making my heart to flutter. What is she doing? She's so close to me now that I can feel the warmth of her body. I can feel her hand on my arm and I gulped. I grabbed the seat so tightly while gasping because her face is just an inch apart. Is she trying to kiss me? My heart can't contain the excitement and my body is trembling. I closed my eyes to calm myself down.

"Now we can go" she said and I opened my eyes immediately.

Gosh she was only helping me with the seatbelt. I can't understand why my heart pound like this each time she's so close to me. Why am I imagining myself kissing her? Why do I really wish she can grab me and kiss me so passionately? I have a fiancee but I keep dreaming of making love to her instead.

She drove carefully to the hotel. I love the way she drives and that changed my narrative about her. Before now, I thought she was a reckless driver and a psychopath. but this lady is totally different and she's so sweet.

I picked up my bag and unclasped my seatbelt, ready to leave the car.

"Thank you so much for today."  I said.

"It's really nothing" she responded with a smile on her face.

I want to say goodbye to her but I don't know how to. I noticed that she's equally finding it difficult to say goodbye as well. We stayed like that for few minutes before I finally opened my mouth to say something.

"I will see you tomorrow then" I said and she smiled.

Suddenly her hand touched my cheek making me to tremble. Why am I having this butterflies in my tummy again? Her eyes are sparkling and her lips separated. She caressed my cheek with her thumb and pushed my hair behind my ear. She has no idea how what she's doing right now is making me feel.