Chapter 48

His eyes were sharp as he stared deeply into mine. I signalled my secretary to leave and secretly turned on the security button under my desk. With this, the security men at the control room have my permission to open the CCTV in my office and also send some men to my unit just incase.

"What a beautiful work environment you have here" he said while sitting on the chair.

"What brings you here Mr. Armstrong?" I asked sternly

"I think you know" he said looking sharply into my eyes.

Silence

Silence

"I really do not have time for this game. I have someone waiting for me" I finally broke the silence.

"If there's one thing I admire about you, it's your intelligence. You can't tell me you don't know why I am here" he said.

"It's best you forget about the company if that's why you are here. I won't change my mind"

"We played a game, I was smart and I was almost winning but you were smarter. You won and I lost." He said.

Silence

"I lost because of my carelessness. You own the company now. The company I laboured for for years. Company I built and grew with my hardwork. I did everything possible to survive it but it was taken away from me in one night"

"Well...."

"Company aside. I am here for something else" he said cutting me off.

I looked at him in surprise. He's not here for the company? What else could have brought him here? Is he here with another threat or blackmail? I am so careful these past weeks.

"I am here because of Becky" he continued.

He's here because of Becky? Why? Did something happen to her? I was slightly panicking but I controlled myself. I am not supposed to show him I still love Becky. I should make him believe Becky and I are over and I don't care about her.

"And why will you come here because of her?" I asked showing no emotions.

"Becky left the house for weeks now. I haven't been able to reach her. She's not taking any of our calls and we have no idea where she is."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I am worried about her and I need to find her...."

""Then you are in the wrong place. Your daughter and I are over. She broke up with me. Have you forgotten that?"

"That is the main reason she left. She hates me now for what I did. Becky didn't break up with you because she wanted that. She did it because I forced her to do it"

"It seems it's your problem to fix not mine. I have no idea where your daughter is and I really don't want to know" I said.

"Exactly. It's my problem to fix and that's what I am trying to do. But I don't have the power to do anything at the moment. You took away my power. My business, money, you took away my voice..."

"So finally, it's still about the company?"

"No it's not!!" He yelled in frustration.

"It's never about the company! It's about my children! About Becky! Everything I did was what I thought was the best for her! I wanted her to have a good life! Even after I'm gone, I wanted my children to have a perfect life!" He continued.

Silence

"I love her with all my heart. She's my daughter and I will never ever choose anything else over her. Over my kids" he said getting emotional.