Chapter 27

It's been two days now and Becky is still unconscious. I feel so guilty and angry at myself for being so careless. I was lying on the bed not wanting to talk to anybody when Heng and Lily came in.

"Do you wish to starve yourself to death? The doctor already said she will wake up soon. Why are you doing this to yourself?" Heng said.

"I triggered her Heng. It's two days already. How can I eat when she's still unconscious?"

"You blame yourself for what is not even your fault. I mean why did she get inside that room in the first place? What happened to respecting boundaries?" Lily said and Heng pinched her to stop talking.

Silence

"I understand how you feel Freen. Becky will be fine. The doctor assured us." Heng said.

"I'm beginning to think she has caused more damage to you than she ever made you happy Freen. It's been from one problem to the other, even her family is against you.." Lily said.

"Why are you being so insensitive right now? You keep saying things that will hurt Freen the more..."

"I am not okay? I am not trying to hurt her even though the truth sometimes hurts. But can't you see? Freen has known no peace ever since she met that girl..."

"Stop talking like that Lily! You are just making matters worst.." Heng cut her off.

They started arguing over who is right and wrong. I am too weak to say anything to any of them. I shut my eyes, trying to remain calm when my phone started ringing. That's the doctor from the hospital I took Becky to. I immediately sat up to answer that.

"Ma'am, the patient is awake now" he said over the phone.

"Oh my goodness!!" I exclaimed and jumped up from the bed.

Heng and Lily looked at me in surprise wondering what the news is all about.

"Thanks a lot doctor. Please keep an eye on the patient. Make sure no one takes her out of the hospital. I will be there a minute" I said and ended the call. 

Becky is awake now? That's the best news I have received so far. I asked the doctor to keep an eye on Becky because I don't trust her family. I have also been sneaking in to see her in the hospital because Richie would never allow me in.

I turned to Heng to break the news but they already figured out..

"I will drive!" Heng said excitedly and ran out of the room while Lily reluctantly followed him.

I changed into a simple outfit and got out of the room to meet them in the living room, all ready to go to the hospital with me.

It was a short ride because the hospital wasn't too far from my place and the road was free. I met with the doctor in his office and he explained her condition to me. He said she only has a headache which would go away in few hours. Thankfully, she is okay. No damages and more injuries.

I thanked the doctor and got out of his office but I cannot go to see Becky now because her people are in the room. I don't want to create any scene.

I was lurking around waiting patiently for a perfect time to get into the room. Just when I was about losing hope of seeing Becky, the room door opened and I ran to a corner. Richie and Jane came out of the room.

"Becky can hate me all she wants, but I am only interested in her wellbeing" I can hear Richie saying as they got out of the room.

"It's more complicated right now. I can't believe that lady was her ex" Jane said in surprise.