Chapter 44

"Freen" I mumbled confusedly.

She gradually took off the sunglasses when the lawyer went to welcome her. My heart started skipping beats as it always does whenever I see her but I don't know if it's skipping beats for a good reason right now..

My dad and I looked at each other in confusion. I hope he doesn't think I have a hand in this. I am as shocked as he is right now. I turned back to Freen who is now walking towards us. She's keeping a straight face as if she doesn't know me no more.

"Did you do this?" My dad mumbled to me.

I knew it. I knew that he would suspect me. Why will he think I did something like this when he knows how much I love the company. I can never betray my family twice.

"You really don't think I did it. Do you?" I asked in a more annoyed tone but still trying to be calm.

He was mute. Freen walked to us and stood infront of my dad. If eyes were gun, the both of them would be dead by now. They continued glaring at each other as if they would devour each other in a minute. The two people I love so much are about to pick a fight. Whose side should I be on?

"You little piece of shit!!" My dad fumed.

"Easy there. I won't have you disrespect me. Not here." Freen said.

My dad clenched his fist so hard. I think he's about to hit Freen. I hope not. Freen's eyes are sharp and scary. This is the Freen I met that night at Irin's party. Different from the Freen I see when we make love. It was as if my presence doesn't matter. Like I am completely invincible because she never looked at me.

"How dare you do this. You are a criminal. You should be behind bars" My dad yelled and smacked her in the face.

"Dad!!" I screamed and grabbed his hand stopping it from hitting Freen again.

Gosh why did he do that? Everyone in the room stood up instantly out of shock. Freen on the other hand has her hand on the affected area as she glares at my dad.

"You will regret this. I promise you that" my dad threatened.

"Let's see about that Mr. Armstrong" Freen said and signalled the security men to come over.

"Arrest him" she said.

"What?" My dad and I muttered in shock.

We are not even in Bangkok or England. We are in a strange land and she wants to arrest my dad? What is going on here?

"Freen what are you doing?" This time, I murmured to her.

She ignored me. Completely. Didn't even look at me. As if she hates me and doesn't want to see me.

The security men handcuffed my dad, grabbed him like a criminal on his both arms. And started taking him away.

"Hold on" Freen said and they stopped.

"Take her too" she said.

What? I turned to her immediately. This time our eyes met. She's standing face to face with me as our eyes locked. Not the initial look I saw on Freen's face, this time, as if she's passing a message through her eyes. A message that says. "Trust me".

"Please trust me. You will know when the time comes"

Her words kept ringing in my head as we journeyed to the police station. I need to stay calm and trust her words. But I am still very affected by everything. My dad has just lost the company to Freen and she got us both arrested in a foreign country.