Chapter 32

"Irin invited Becky? How could she do such a thing?" I can hear Heng say in the dinning room.

"That's because we still consider Becky as a friend. Besides she spoke to Freen first" Nop responded.

"She should have known better that Freen would never be against her decision. Even though she may not like it..." Heng fired back.

They became quiet as soon as they saw me walking to them. My dad, Heng, and Nop are here. I visited the mansion today. We are having a family dinner. Why did they stop talking? It's not like I will hit them or anything.

I sat on an empty seat while facing them. My dad offered me a plate of food. He is definitely worried about me. I don't know how many times I have told them that I am okay.

"How is Kla?" I asked breaking the silence.

"He's upstairs. In his room" Nop replied.

I nodded slightly and picked up my spoon to eat. Everywhere is awkwardly silent as if a family member died. They kept looking at me probably to read my mood. Why are they like this? Becky broke up with me, so what? It's not the end of the world.

"Uhm Freen" finally Heng broke the awkward silence.

I raised my head to know why he called me. Heng looked slightly nervous as if not sure whether to say it or not. After some seconds he ...

"I heard Irin invited Becky to her wedding." He said.

"Yep" my short response.

"Uhm.. are you really okay with that?"

I let out a sigh and looked at him. Is he being serious right now? Why that question? Why would I have a problem with what Irin wishes to do on her day?

"Freen I know you really may not like..." He continued but..

"I don't have any problem with that" I cut him off and continued with my food.

"I told you she's okay with that" Nop said

"No she's not. I know Freen so well. she's only pretending not to care" Heng said and I let out a sigh of frustration.

"Freen you can talk to us about your true feelings. We are your family. There's no point trying to act strong". My dad said this time.

"Dad..."

"You were broken for years when we thought Becky died and you want us to believe you're okay just within a month of your break up?" My dad said.

"Difference is... In those years, I thought she was dead. But she came back to break me completely. Why should I continue wanting who doesn't want me?"

"Freen you are just angry. And I can understand that. I understand why you hate Becky right now. She left you. She promised not to leave but suddenly broke up with you. I understand that perfectly" Nop said in a calm tone.

"But you and I know how evil Mr. Armstrong can be. Becky bowed to pressure not because she doesn't love you. Her dad is the one forcing her into the marriage" Nop said.

"Well, she can go ahead and marry whoever the dad wants her to. I wish her good luck with that" I said nonchalantly as I picked up my spoon to continue eating.

"Freen...." My dad called

"Can we not talk about Becky?" I cut him off.

Silence

"Thanks a lot." I said.

It was difficult to get out of the awkward moment but after some time, we became comfortable while talking about other things and laughing at our jokes.