Chapter 16

I have been sitting calmly on this seat while scanning the room for Freen. Today is the official ending of the program and we are having a mini party. I haven't been myself since yesterday. Everything in me is beginning to worry so much for her. I want to see her. I have a lot to say to her but she's not here yet and I'm worried that she may not come.

"Come dance with me" Jane said taking me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head and sipped my drink. I am not in the mood to dance. Jane is here with me. Other people are here with their partners and friends also.

"Why are you so quiet? We are here to have fun Becky but you aren't even smiling."

Silence.

"Don't tell me you're still mad at me. I already apologized severally for everything I said to you yesterday" she continued.

Who said I am mad at you? I have other things to worry about than stay angry with you for saying nasty things to me yesterday.

"Becky please forgive me already. I said those things out of anger. I got angry seeing the both of you together in that room. Plus she was holding you. You can't blame me for my insecurities"

"Can we please not talk about this?" I said in a weak tone.

She was about saying something when a young man came to us. He's tall and handsome and he's standing infront of Jane. He's probably here for her.

"Hello miss. You look gorgeous. Please dance with me" he said to Jane.

She rejected but I convinced her to dance with him. She reluctantly took his hand and they left to the dancefloor. I heaved a sigh of relief and grabbed my drink again.

Just then my eyes captured her and as usual she looks so beautiful and charming. The hall has only dim lights but I know her anywhere I see her. I can recognize her even in the dark.

She's with one of the organizers of the show. I stood up to walk to them but they both left to the other side of the hall. I decided to sit back and wait for them. After some minutes the man came back but he's alone this time. Where is she? I walked to the man immediately to ask about her.

"I'm sorry she already left"

"What?"

"She didn't come to stay. She only came to submit a file..."

Before he could finish, I ran out of the hall to look for her. I really need to meet with her. Reason being that I may not see her again after today since the event is ending today. Again, there was a miscommunication between us yesterday and I need to clear that.

I let out a sigh of relief when I saw her walking towards her car. She's on call so I started walking slowly behind her.

"Thanks for your hard work Mr. Lee. Let's meet at my office on Monday. I am not feeling too well to come over there right now" she said in a very weak tone.

She's not feeling too well? Her voice doesn't sound good which means she really isn't feeling well. That explains why she didn't stay for the party.

"Yes please" she continued.

"Thank you once again...." she tried saying but paused immediately she saw me.

She's standing stiffly and I can read different expressions on her face. My heart started beating so fast as usual and I really want to run into her arms right now. I can't control my feelings anymore.

"Hey" I said warmly.

"Hey" her short response.

I am nervous. The tension is killing me. I have a lot to say but I don't know where to start. Yesterday, I was the one avoiding her eyes but today she's the one avoiding mine.