Chapter 29

"Thank you so much Heidi for a job well done" My dad said to this lady I have never met before.

"Anytime sir" she responded.

He is looking at me with no trace of happiness on his face. After we left Freen at the garden, we drove to this mansion. It is out of town and by the look of things, my dad is probably the owner. It's awkward how the servants are looking at me and whispering to themselves as well. I followed them to a private sitting room upstairs and sat directly opposite my dad.

I am confused over how my dad is here right now. I mean, no one ever told me he was coming to Thailand. Not even my mum. It's been over a week I saw and spoke to Richie last. Ever since I moved out of the hotel I was staying with Jane, I blocked communication with them and it's all because I found out about the two different folders with my name at the hospital.

Everything is pointing out that they lied to me about Freen and they faked my death as well. But why would they do all that? Why do they hate Freen so much? I can understand why they want me to marry Jane but what I don't understand is why they have this much hatred for Freen even before the accident. What actually happened between my family and Freen?

"Some years ago, a young girl humiliated her family by falling in love with her personal driver." My dad finally broke the silence.

"It turned out that the driver had an underlying motive to destroy the girl's home. She used the girl into getting to her family which resulted to the downfall of the family." He continued.

He stood up from his chair and started walking around the room. Holding his glass of whiskey on one hand and the other hand in his pocket.

"Despite finding out the whole truth, the girl continued to love and support the so called driver leading to more damages" he continued.

I have no idea how this story relates to me but I can sense pain in my dad's voice as he speaks. Everywhere is damn silent. only the sound of his shoes can be heard as he walks around.

"It didn't just end there". He said again breaking the silence.

"The girl chose love over her family. She betrayed her family and sold her dad out in court by testifying against her dad all to please her lover!" This time he said in a more angry tone and turned to me.

His eyes burning in anger. I don't know why but my heart skipped out of fear. I haven't seen my dad this angry before. He's gripping on the glass so tightly.

"The man lost almost everything he owned. His businesses, properties, and positions!! He lost them all in exchange for his freedom! But the most painful part was that he almost lost his daughter too!!" He fumed and splashed the glass on the floor.

I became so scared that I hugged my arms to stop me from trembling. Why is he this angry? Why is he telling me this story? Is the story about Freen and I? Am I the girl in the story? Did Freen really use me to get to my family? Did I betray my family because of Freen?

My dad inhaled and exhaled severally before walking back to the chair. He sat facing me as before. I was so scared to even look at his face and I tried so much to hold back my tears. Why is he this angry while telling the story? I don't understand anything.

"Do you know how embarrassed the man was? How shameful it was for the family? It was so hard to forgive such a disgraceful child?" He said and looked at me in the eyes.

"But I did.." he added

"What?" I mumbled.

Finally, he came out directly. The story was about me afterall. I am the disgraceful child who caused pain to her father. I wish I can remember how everything happened but I don't.