Chapter 28

Freen held my hand and was about to say something when a knock was heard. We looked at each other in surprise. My heart started pounding. God! Richie can't know Freen is here. What do we do now?

"Becky" I can hear Richie calling.

Freen stood up from the chair. I know she's slightly panicking. So I interlocked our hands as the door handle turned and Richie walked in.

"What the hell is she doing here?" He fumed.

"I told you I needed to sleep. Why did you come back here?" I asked ignoring his question

"You needed to sleep? Or you only wanted to get rid of us so she could sneak in?" He said angrily.

"I don't want to have this discussion with you" I said unbothered while still holding Freen's hand..

That got him so mad. He looked back at Freen while clenching his fist so hard. I still don't get why he hates her so much.

"I thought I made it clear to you earlier to stay away from Becky? Why is it so hard for you to understand that you are not good for her?" Richie said.

"Please don't say that again" I interrupted.

"Have you not done enough?" He continued.

"Becky is in this state because of you! She was unconscious for days because of you. Are you not satisfied yet!!" Richie yelled.

"Stop it Richie! I won't have you talk to her like that!!" I yelled back shutting him up.

He immediately turned to me. I know he's so shocked over my reaction. I have never yelled angrily at him like I just did now. Richie can say hurtful things to me but not to Freen. I can't stand that at all.

"What happened to you Becky? This isn't you" he said weakly.

"This has always been me and I am not going back to the Becky you lied to and manipulated for years!" I said.

Silence

"What do you mean?" He asked in shock.

I hate it when he does this. Pretending not to know a thing. I don't have any reason to doubt Freen but I have many reasons to believe my family lied to me. I mean they never clarified why they sold everything and moved to England.

Plus the few things I remembered, After the short memory of that painting, I researched about the law school and found out that I was actually undergoing a law program four years ago but they said I never did. They said I was only interested in joining the business.

"What do you mean we lied to you?" Richie asked again breaking the silence.

"I think I should go now" Freen muttered to me.

"No you are staying right here." I said and held her hand tighter.

I know she's probably uncomfortable to be here since it's a family discussion but she's part of it all. Everything is also linked to her, so she has to stay.

"Drop it already Richie. Just because I don't have my memories yet, doesn't mean I am stupid. I know what you did"

"You asshole! What lie have you told Becky!" Richie raged and came to attack Freen but I stood in the way.

"Just wait until I find out the whole truth myself. I don't need my memories to know everything that happened four years ago"

"What do you mean Becky? Can't you see who the enemy is? She's making you turn against me. She's making you turn against your family"

I was about to say something when the door opened and Jane walked in. Oh great! I rolled my eyes. I would have stayed unconscious, if I had known I would be getting this drama.