Chapter 9

"You're back!" Lily said as soon as I got into the apartment.

She's not the only one in my apartment, my dad and Heng are here. Even Nop is here too? I let out a sigh and started walking to my bedroom. I am not in the mood to talk to anybody.

"Freen?" My dad called.

"Not now dad" I said weakly while walking to my room.

"Freen wait" Heng said worriedly and I stopped.

"You shouldn't have come..." I said.

"What do you mean we shouldn't have come. We are worried about you." My dad cut me off

Silence

"What happened?" He asked.

"So now you believe me?" I asked

Silence

"Look we are sorry that we didn't believe you at first when you said you saw Becky but you can't blame us for that Freen" Heng said breaking the silence.

"We were all fooled into believing Becky died that day okay? And telling us you saw a dead person was literally the most stupid thing one can ever say." He continued.

Silence

"Come on. Tell us what happened. How do you mean she acted like she doesn't know you" Nop said

I let out a sigh and sat on the couch. If it was just an act it would have been better.

"Not acted. She really doesn't remember me" I said and they looked at each other in surprise.

"Can you please make us understand Freen?" Heng said.

"She has amnesia. Okay? She doesn't remember a thing about me or us. I am a total stranger to her Heng!" I said getting slightly offended.

Everywhere got silent. I know they are all in shock. Even Nop is still very shocked with the news that Becky is still alive. I wasn't the only one devastated with the news, Nop and Irin were completely a mess during that period.

A year after Becky died, sorry after we thought she died, Irin signed a contract with a top music company in Thailand and she's now doing well in the industry. She is currently nursing a heartbreak. Nop said the girl she was dating rejected her with no good reason when she proposed.

"She definitely won't remember any of us either since she never contacted us all these while" Nop said

Silence

"Maybe we should try to make her remember..." He continued

"Becky still has brain injury. It's dangerous if she stresses her memory."

"This is tough." Heng said.

Everywhere got silent again.

"I am happy that she is alive. I think that should be the most important thing right now" my dad said breaking the silence.

"Yes I'm glad. And I am thankful to the universe for leading her to us" Nop said.

"She's alive and back in town Freen. You should be happy about that" my dad said.

"You don't know how happy I am..."

"Then why are you moody?" He cut me off

Silence

"Because she doesn't recognize you? Come on Freen. Memories can come later..." My dad said

"That's not it..." I tried speaking.

"She loved you so much Freen. She sacrificed a lot to show how much she loved you."

"I know dad.." I muttered weakly.