Chapter 17

I opened my eyes slowly and was so shocked over how I am lying on Becky. Wait! I thought she left last night. So she slept over? Some minutes ago, I said some things because I thought I was dreaming. So it wasn't a dream.

My hand is resting on her breast and my leg crossed on hers. She's not moving away from me and that's a good thing. She's gasping and gulping heavily and her eyes fixed on mine. I want to kiss her so badly. But I am having a double mind. The last time she said she was emotionally unstable that was why the kiss happened but maybe I should make the first move this time.

I guided my hand to her face and put her hair behind her ear. She's so beautiful this morning and I feel blessed that she's the first thing I set my eyes on today. Which reminds me of how we used to be some years ago.

I took her cheek in my hand and brushing them softly with my thumb. This time Becky's hands moved to my waist. My heart is beating fast as I bring my face close to hers. Kissing her means everything to my soul, so I closed my eyes to lock our lips but...

Ding....

Ding....

The door bell rang forcing me to pause. I cleared my throat and got up from her. Why is there always an interruption everytime something is about to happen between us? Maybe I should punch whoever it is that is at the door.

I made my way out of the bedroom and opened the door furiously. That's Heng with Kla, his son. Kla is 4 years old. He was a year old when he was adopted. He was adopted before his parents,Heng and Nop, even got married. Today is their 2 years wedding anniversary and it's still as early as 7 o'clock, what is he doing here when he's supposed to be with his husband?

"Mummy!!" Kla ran to me and hugged me tightly.

I rolled my eyes. I don't know how many times I have told him  to stop calling me that. I would appreciate it so much if he calls me aunty instead. I stroke his hair and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and started running to my room.

"No wait!" I tried stopping him but he is too fast.

I know he's running to get some chocolate but Becky is there and I don't want to inconvenience her at all. I let out a sigh and turned to Heng who is just looking at me worriedly.

"Aren't you gonna let me in?" He finally uttered.

Oh I forgot I'm standing on the way. Maybe because I am a little upset. He's here this early and at the wrong time. I moved out of the way and he started walking to the living room.

"You know you are not supposed to be here ..." I said and followed him to the living room.

"I'm sorry okay?" He cut me off.

"I know you don't like it when we visit unexpectedly but what else could I have done? I can't reach you on the phone and uncle is so worried about you" He continued.

"Why get so worried? I am fine."

"Are you? Because Lily said you asked her to leave the house two days ago"

I let out a sigh of frustration and fell on the couch. Not her calling my family over every little matter. I asked her to leave because I needed to be alone on that day, to cry as much and as loud as I wanted without anyone knowing. My heart was heavy that day especially after what Becky said to me.

"Freen what is actually going on? You look a little pale. Is it getting too hard dealing with Becky?" He asked worriedly.

Should I tell him how confused I am right now? I mean no one is as confused as I am. Just two days ago Becky pushed me away, yesterday she came to me, slept in my house and was so ready to kiss me this morning. Does it mean she likes me? Or she is still emotionally unstable that's why she's using me to get through it?