Chapter 10

I tried my best to be on time since I will be giving my presentation today. Because of what happened yesterday, I couldn't do that. I hope I get the attention of Mr. Antonio with my presentation. Even though he is likely to be absent just like previous days, his representative will be present. And if his representative approves my presentation, then getting Mr. Antonio's approval won't be difficult.

"Welcome madam" the security personnel at the door greeted and opened the door for me.

I smiled and walked into the room. Many are already here. Wait even that lady too? She's here on time that's quite shocking. She stood up immediately she saw me. Oh not her looking at me like that again. For some weird reasons I started getting nervous and my heart skipped few beats when she began to walk towards me.

She stood infront of me and gradually took my cheeks in her hands. She's looking at me in the eyes and it's getting me more nervous. Why is she like this infront of these people? Should I be overthinking this moment?

"How is your health now?" She asked.

"I uhm.. I am all good" I stuttered.

She smiled and I smiled back but she isn't letting go of my cheeks. Has she forgotten that other people are here too and they are probably looking at us now? Why is she this sweet to me?

"It's good to have you back Miss Armstrong." Others said and this time the lady dropped her hands.

I smiled at them and walked to my seat. She sat down also facing directly opposite me. To be honest I am so uncomfortable because of the way this lady keeps staring at me. As if she can't survive if she ever takes her eyes off me. I held my fingers together in order to stay calm. Maybe avoiding her eyes will help me breath, so I started avoiding her eyes. Gosh! she's so weird.

After some minutes, the event kicked off. Few people did their presentation before it got to my turn. They applauded as I walked to the stage. I took the opportunity to look around the room. The potential clients are roughly about 20 people in this room. If I do well, I will likely get business offers from them too. It's a win win for my company. coming here isn't bad at all.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply before I started talking. Everyone is looking at me but not the way that lady is looking at me right now. She looks so focused or perhaps lost, maybe lost in her thoughts.  And she's smiling sheepishly making me wonder what's funny. I tried my best to avoid her eyes in order not to get distracted. 

"I love your business proposal Miss Armstrong. I think it will be nice to do business with you" one said in the crowd and I smiled.

Some indicated interest while some rejected it. It's not a big deal to get rejected but I will definitely get sad if I get rejected by Mr. Antonio. So I'm hoping to get a feedback from them after the end of the program.

"Let's discuss more about your business some other time. I am really interested" a voice said taking me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him immediately. That is Mr. Jet, the youngest business owner in China. He is tall and handsome as well. He is smiling sweetly at me forcing me to smile back at him. After few minutes, I was done so I went back to my seat.

"You did well" Freen said smiling from ear to ear.

For a minute I got carried away by her beautiful smiles. Now I am jealous of her girlfriend. She gets to see this beautiful lady anytime she wishes and she gets to kiss her sexy lips anytime she wants also. I swallowed hard when the thought of kissing her came to my mind and I looked down immediately. Gosh! I am going crazy.

"I just found out we got paired for a task." she said taking me out of my stupid imagination.

"Yeah." I simply responded and she smiled.