Chapter 19

"Becky?" A familiar voice spoke behind me.

That's Freen's voice, I quickly turned to her. I wiped my tears when she started walking to me. But she already noticed my mood. She came to me and took my cheeks in her hands.

"What's wrong Becky?" She asked worriedly.

I tried to pull away but she held me more tighter and just then, I looked straight into her worried eyes. My tears started falling again. More than it ever was. And that got her more worried.

"Becky? What happened? Why are you crying?" She asked warmly as she dries my tears.

"Freen you should stop doing that. we shouldn't be this close you know. It's wrong that you are like this to me" I said weakly as tears flow from my eyes.

"Why sound like this? Have I done something that upset you?" She asked confusedly.

"No you haven't. It's just that..." I paused and looked into her eyes.

I can see a whole lot of confusion on her face. She's still cupping my cheeks and drying my tears. Anytime she touches me, I feel things inside. But it's wrong that I have these feelings. It's so wrong.

"Our worlds are different Freen. You have a happy home and happy friends around you. You have a beautiful girlfriend that loves you and you're living the life you want."

"Girlfriend?" She asked confusedly.

"But I can't say the same for me" I said ignoring her question.

"I have a fiancee but my heart belongs to another. I never thought it would happen this way. I never thought I will ever feel something for someone but here I am. Helplessly in love with that person"

My heart is beating fast and my legs are shaking. It's my first time professing love to someone. Not alone someone whose girlfriend is few steps away. Freen is looking at me in total confusion or will I say shock. Her eyes are breaking into my soul and my tears started falling again.

"I tried to stop these feelings but I couldn't. And I don't think I can stop it anytime soon because you're still this close to me Freen" I said and touched her hands that are on my cheeks.

"You're this close to me making it difficult for me. You make me overthink a lot and feel things I shouldn't feel"

"What?" She said under her breath.

I placed her hand on my chest so she could feel my heartbeat. My heart that is pounding heavily for her. I can see tears gathering in her eyes.

"This is how fast my heart pumps each time you're close to me Freen."

"Becky.." she mumbled weakly as her tears drop down her cheeks.

"I am sorry Freen. I can't keep it from you anymore. I love you so much. I have been in love with you since the first day I set my eyes on you." I cried.

"But I was scared to tell you because of the circumstances." I added.

She chuckled and cupped my cheeks again. She's smiling but her tears are falling uncontrollably and her hands are trembling.

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear this". She said looking at me in the eyes.

She guided my hand to her chest to feel her heartbeat also. I trembled because her heart is pounding heavily as if it wants to jump out of her.

"My heart only knows how to beat like this for one person. And that person is you Becky." She said and my tears started falling.

"I have been in love with you for so long and I have been dreaming of this moment. I love you too Becky. I love you with every breathe in me" she said caressing my cheeks.