Chapter 47

I started getting my things in the suitcase. While he stood behind me trying to talk me into changing my mind. He isn't mad at me, he seems more like worried that I am leaving.

"We can get through this together Becky. You don't have to leave. You have to reconsider your decision. Leaving isn't the best" he said.

Silence

"I know you want to start afresh but you can still do it here without having to leave us Becky. How can we survive this? Your mum will not like it. She may break down...."

Hearing him talk about my mum got me so mad that I couldn't control it.

"Don't you dare bring my mum into this!!" I yelled and he got silent.

"You never really cared about her. You never cared about her feelings so don't you dare talk about her!!" I continued.

He has no right to blackmail me with my mum. He never regarded her or her opinion. My mum can't even protect us, her children, because she's afraid of him.

"Becky I know you are mad at me. You're disappointed in me. It was out of my carelessness that we are in this mess but I need you to calm down."

Silence

"Let's come together as one. It's our family we are talking about here. Leaving won't solve any problem..."

"It sure will" My short response.

I got all my clothes from the wardrobe and started putting them in my luggage.

"Becky please. I have lost the company. I don't want to lose you too"

"You already lost me" I said and turned to him.

"You lost me the moment you pushed me into breaking up with her. You took away my only source of happiness. You forced me into hurting her and hurting myself as well"

I am getting more emotional right now. He has no idea the pain I went through for the weeks I didn't have Freen by my side.

"Tell me why I shouldn't hate you. After everything you have done to me. Let's not forget how you threatened the doctors to declare me dead! You of all people faked my death!!" I yelled as tears started gathering in my eyes

"Becky..." He called weakly and started walking to me.

"Do not touch me!!" I yelled and he stopped.

"It's over. I am done pretending to be fine. I am done being your daughter. I don't have a dad anymore. I actually never had one because you have never showed me what it feels like to have a dad"

"Don't say that Becky. Everything I have ever done was to keep you safe..."

"By lying to me about my past? Controlling my life and manipulating me into doing things your own way even if it's against my happiness!!"

Silence

"Everything you have ever done was all because of the company not because of me!"

"I don't even have the company anymore. She took it from me. She took everything from me and you want to leave me too? I can't handle it" he said

I ignored him and continued with what I was doing. I am leaving for my own sanity. Freen is right. It's time I start living my life the way I want.

"She owns our company now. But I am trying everything I can to get it back. We can do something..." He continued.

"We?"

Silence

"There is no we in this. I am not interested in the business anymore neither am I interested in the family nor anything that has to do with you"