Chapter 13

I am in the car waiting for Becky. We have planned to visit Chen's workplace today and I am equally excited to spend the day with her. After some minutes a knock was heard at the window and I unlocked the car door.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, I had to fix some things before leaving" Becky apologized as she got in the car.

"It's nothing. I understand perfectly" I responded with a smile.

I think I am still used to waiting for her in the car. During those times as her driver, I spent much time, sometimes an hour or two, waiting in the car. So it's really nothing to me now that I only waited for few minutes.

Becky looks so beautiful in her beige mini skirt and white top. She has a beautiful smile on her face and I really wish I can kiss her lips right now. How is one person this beautiful and cute? She cleared her throat in an attempt to bring back my mind that was long gone.

"You look beautiful this morning." I complimented shyly.

"Thank you" she muttered.

I can see from the corner of my eyes while starting the car that she's smiling broadly. I am glad we won't be going to the program. We already notified them of our absent and why we wouldn't be coming today.

After about an hour of driving, we finally arrived at the place.

"Oh Freen, I am so happy to see you" Chen said as he walked to me.

He spread his arms so widely immediately he got close and hugged me tightly. It's been a while we saw each other. The last time I saw him was a year ago, on his wedding day. His wife stays abroad and he travels often to meet the wife over there. Well, hopefully very soon, they will be expecting their first child.

He was stiffened and speechless when he saw Becky. Even though I already told them everything on the phone, I know they will react this way. Exactly my reaction the first day I saw Becky. It was as if I saw a ghost.

"Please act normal. She knows nothing" I whispered to him.

"Hello pretty girl. How are you doing?" He said in English while stretching his hand for a handshake.

Did he just call her pretty girl? I know he isn't trying to flirt with her or something but I don't really like the sound of that.

"I am doing great. Thank you" Becky responded.

Well, without taking his hand though. It's rude but I am glad she did that. Speaking of that, I don't know Becky with such behavior. Why did she do that? Chen smiled and withdrew his hand. He wrapped his hand around my shoulder instead and kissed me on the cheek. He hasn't stopped this habit of his?

"You are both welcome to my workplace. Let's go in." He said and we started walking inside the building.

I turned to look at Becky. She's walking behind us with her two hands folded. Why does she look angry right now? I waved it off in a second not wanting to overthink what is all in my head.

"I am glad you are here Freen. I decided to come here today because you told me you would be coming. I will personally show you around here" he said smiling as soon as we got into his office.

I smiled back at him and looked at Becky who's sitting next to me with no smile on her face. Now I'm beginning to get worried over why she's moody. I asked if she's okay and she said yes but she's keeping a straight face and I wonder what's wrong. After spending some time in Chen's office, it was time to get started with the main reason that brought us here.

"These are the list of soaps my  company produces. Which of them would you like to be trained on?" Chen asked handing us a catalog.

"Which one would you like?" I asked Becky and she pointed at the liquid soap.