Chapter 50

"Yes baby. I need to use the restroom. Please excuse me" she said.

"But we just got here...?" I muttered to her.

Freen smiled and walked to me. She kissed me on the forehead and on the lips before leaving to the bathroom. Well, it's awkward how she left. I let out a sigh and sipped my drink.

After a minute, I heard a footstep like someone walking to me. It's probably Freen. She's already out of the bathroom? That was fast.

"Baby you're back already?" I said and turned quickly.

But that wasn't Freen. I froze when I saw him. My dad? My dad is here? Like how? How did he find me? He's wearing a black suit and he looks so stressed. In a second he started walking more closer to me.

"Becky..." He muttered weakly.

How the hell is he here right now and where is Freen? Did Freen plan this? She arranged this meeting for my dad? Gosh I can't believe she could do such a thing.

"Beck.." my dad muttered again while trying to touch me.

"Do not touch me" I said and pulled back.

Silence

None of us said something to each other. I really don't want to talk to him. He kept opening his mouth to say something but nothing was coming out. He is nervous. I know he is. I can tell from the way his hands are slightly shaking.

"I know I have wronged you so much and you don't wish to see me ever again Becky, but please give me some minutes to say what I came to say" he said.

"There's nothing you will say that will make me change my mind"

"I am not asking you to change your mind.."

Silence

"All I am asking is for you to hear me out" he said and I looked at him.

"please" he muttered.

I let out a sigh and sat back on the chair with my hands on the table. My dad is so manipulative, therefore, I won't give him that room to get into my head the way he did to Freen.

He sat on the seat directly opposite me. He dropped his glasses on the table and looked worriedly at me.

"Becky I am sorry" he said.

"I am sorry for everything I did wrong. For hurting you deeply. For not considering your feelings, for all the emotional pains I have caused you" he said.

"Are you sorry for faking my death as well?" I asked sternly and he paused.

"Are you sorry for consistently choosing the company over me. For torturing me emotionally and threatening to take Freen's life if I don't get married to Jane?" I asked.

"Becky?"

"You can get into Freen but you can't get in my head. Because I know all your tricks. I know there's a hidden motive behind wanting me back. You want to use me as you have always done"

"You are getting it all wrong Becky. I don't want the company. I want you back. I want you back home because the house feels lonely without you" he said with a shaky voice.

I was silent. Maybe because of how emotional he is sounding now. As if he is broken inside. I haven't seen my dad this emotional before. Fuck! I can't believe he's getting into me as well.

"I can start a new business once the investigation is over and my accounts restrictions lifted, but it won't make any sense to me without you. I love you so much. You are my daughter...."