Restaurant Rivalry

Another day in the Pop Diner, as the employees continued serving customers of all ages, from school kids and teenagers to families and the elderly. Everybody loves Poppy and her diner for her optimism and kindness because her employees are treated as equals and they all love her for being able to make everybody happy. As the waiters were serving plates of salads to teenage couples, Poppy, Branch, Rose, and Bridget entered the diner with the rest of the Snack Pack.

"Wow Poppy, this place is poppin'!" Rose complimented.

"Nice to see our old hang fizzy again!" Poppy added. "Since dad bought it."

"Hey guys, Gristle's company has a product to patent," Bridget announced. "It's a secret."

"A secret?" Rose asked her.

"Yeah, and Gristle wants to have his meeting here in the cafe!" She giggled. "And the best part is that his client is also a restaurant critic."

"Wow!!!" Poppy cheered. "This is an honor!"

"So, will he use one of the party rooms?" One of the waiters asked her while carrying a tray of parfait to a single mother and her child nearby.

"Yeah! It would be so fun!" Poppy smiled. "Gristle and his employees can have it as a meeting room and they can have some snacks."

"They need the snacks to be perfectly healthy and enjoyable," Bella Brightly suggested.

"Yeah, tomato and cheese sandwiches," Poppy added.

"But Gristle loves pizzas," Bridget said.

"We had pizza but we haven't made pizza," Rose added.

"Okay, this is fucking tough." Branch added.

"How do we make pizzas?" Smidge asked.

"I remember Dad told me that grandma made pizza for a friend's son's birthday," Poppy wondered. "I bet she has a recipe for it."

She opened her grandma's scrapbook and started reading it. Then, they went to the kitchen and started making pizza. They went through trial and error when making the pizza dough. It's difficult to master but it was worth it.

"Wow!!!!" Poppy squealed at the sight of their new pizzas.

"We did it!" Branch smirked. "We made pizzas."

"And looks like everybody wants to order pizzas," Rose said as she eyed all the customers waiting in line to try the new menu.

Immediately, they served the pizzas to their customers and this caught the attention of the other beings who wanted to try the new dish there. The diner continued serving the customers with a smile, not knowing that another competition was up. It all started with a conversation between two customers.

"Did you hear that the slutty place, the red tavern is refurbished and renovated?" One teenager whispered.

"Yeah, but the slight mention of that place made my skin crawl," Another shivered.

"Me too, my ex fell for that bitch, Dorda," She sobbed.

"Girl, he's all in the past now," the girl said.

"At least he's in jail for falling in love with that slut and doing criminal stuff for her," She said sarcastically.

The conversation made the families nearby cover the ears of their children and babies. The fathers and mothers asked the two to kindly lower down their voices and the two apologized. This caught the ears of the Snack Pack and Bridget as well.

"Guys, did you hear that?" Poppy asked them.

"Yeah, I heard it from those teens, she said that Dorda renovated her restaurant," Rose added.