The Chicken Grudge

The Snack Pack were hanging out in Casa Rivera for the weekend. They played video games, watched movies, Lucha libre shows, telenovelas, and had tacos that Branch made for everybody to eat. Poppy noticed that Rose was writing something while they were having fun together.

"Rose, what were you writing today?" Poppy asked her.

"I am continuing my lessons in Spanish with Branch's abuelo but I noticed that some shit of the words seemed familiar in my local language, which is Filipino," Rose replied.

"Yeah, she easily learned Spanish because of the fucking loanwords her native tongue has." Branch added as he walked to their table. "She has more to learn though."

"I am halfway there, but speaking these sentences is hard," She said.

"Well, Gary can teach you how to speak Spanish fluently," He said.

"I thought your grandpa is good with Spanish, and so are your relatives," Poppy was confused.

"Yeah, I dunno if I could invite him here or we could visit him," Branch nodded. "Well, Gary could teach us a thing or two about Spanish."

A Yucatan parrot landed on Branch's arm. The Snack Pack is surprised by the bird when it appears, wearing a pair of sunglasses.

"Branch, you also brought Gary?" Poppy asked him.

"Yeah, he will keep us safe during our weekend together," Branch explained.

"Wow, that makes total fucking sense," Rose gasped. "And those shades he's wearing fit him."

"Yeah, I had these glasses for months!" Gary squawked. "Hey, if you wanna learn Spanish, you can ask me, prima!"

"Prima?" Rose was confused by what the parrot called her.

"It means cousin bitch," Branch answered. "When I introduced you to my family, my cousins call you the same word Gary said to you because...."

"Both our countries used to be a part of the Spanish Empire as the Viceroyalty of New Spain and we had connections because of the galleon trade," Rose ended.

"Si, you did well," Gary squawked again.

Suddenly, a strange thing started happening. Guy felt something and when he flew from his seat, he saw an egg.

"EEEEEEWWWWW! FUCK!!!" He cried. "I laid a fucking egg!!"

"What the fuck is going on?" Branch gasped.

"Is it me or did the eggs just float in the air?" Poppy was shocked.

"Oh shit!!!" Rose shivered as a lot of eggs popped out everywhere and the Snack Pack just realized what was going on.

"I know what the fuck is, we're being haunted!!" Branch cried.

Suddenly, a loud clucking and a specter of a chicken appeared before them.

"AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" They cried. "CHICKEN GHOST!!!"

"Oh my guh! We are having a chicken ghost haunting us!!" Smidge panicked.

"UGH!! I fucking hate ghosts!" Rose growled.

They were chased out of the living room and hid in the hallway. There, the Snack Pack is brainstorming how to chase out the ghost. Gary perched on Branch's arm and gasped.

"Phew, at least we never got egged, except for our blankets," DJ Suki sighed.

"What the fuck just happened?" Satin and Chenille asked when they came back from the kitchen.

"We had a ghost situation in Branch's apartment!!" Chenille panicked. "It's so horrifying, it almost egged us!!"

"I remember this spring festival in Japan called Setsubun," Rose remembered.