Meatloaf Magic

Bella Brightly entered the Pop Diner with some of the employees so that they could start baking the pastries they prepared last night. They changed to their uniforms and started baking them. Branch, Poppy, and Rose went in to check the diner but he noticed that Poppy was reading her grandmother's scrapbook of recipes. She flipped through the pages and it ended up into the meatloaf page.

"Poppy, isn't that your grandma'a meatloaf recipe?" Branch asked her.

"Yeah, and I'll be making it here in the cafe for the customers to enjoy," Poppy said.

"Can't wait to taste it!" Rose said as they lined up with the other customers.

"The meatloaf festival is tomorrow and I kinda remember your grandma was one of the past winners back then," an older man said.

"I didn't know she won a meatloaf contest," Poppy said.

"Yeah, her meatloaf is legendary, I tasted it too when I was a kid," A satyr mom added.

"Why don't you enter the meatloaf contest?" A teenager suggested.

"Me?" She asked.

"Yeah, you cook the best food ever," A little boy responded.

"We know you'll win," his mother added.

Meanwhile, in the Red Tavern, Dorda was grumbling while looking at her few customers and looking after the kitchen with her cronies.

"Great, that fucking little politician's brat and her bastard of a Snack Pack are going to enter that meatloaf festival and I'm joining it to win the shit out of them," She grumbled.

"You've joined all the meatloaf festivals every year," Tequila said.

"Yeah and I never fucking won but I'll be winning instantly," Dorda grinned. "I'm going to fucking cheat!"

Back at home, Poppy was trying to cook meatloaf but she was thinking if it's right. Peppy noticed it and went right up to her.

"Hi, honey." Peppy called in.

"Hi dad, I was trying to make grandma's meatloaf," Poppy said. "Everybody told me that I should join the meatloaf contest."

"Oh, the meatloaf festival's meatloaf cooking contest," He laughed.

"I didn't know grandma won the meatloaf festival," She said.

"Yeah, your avó won the meatloaf festival before you were born," He informed her. "Her meatloaf is award-winning."

"I want to make her meatloaf perfect for tomorrow but I don't know if it's perfect!" She nodded.

"You could ask your friends for help, Branch is good too," He suggested.

"Yeah, I'll try," She sighed.

"Poppy, all meatloaves are delicious but the secret ingredient your avó added to her meatloaf is love," He advised her.

"Really?" Poppy asked.

"Yes, she does all her recipes with love, despite all the trials and errors she had but she never gave up,"he said. "Like you did with Branch."

"You mean, I have to do my best in making the meatloaf?" She asked.

"Yes, and you can make your meatloaf with your friends," He advised.

"Oh, thank dad." She cried. "We'll do our best."

The next day came the meatloaf festival. Poppy, Branch, Smidge, and Biggie, qset up a booth. Everybody also sets up their booths and gets right to work. The judges are also getting ready but Dorda and her team are ready too.....for cheating.