U Got Tricked

Another busy day in the diner went on as the employees are serving a lot of customers coming in and out of the diner. Rose came in, driving her Corvette. She got off, locked the doors, and entered the diner with a smile. The Snack Pack were making decorations for the Halloween party.

"Morning!" Rose greeted.

"Morning, Rose," Poppy greeted back. "Excited for Halloween?"

"Yeah, I'm going to choose among my lolita outfits to wear as a costume," She said. "What theme did we pick?"

"It's gonna be a haunted house," Poppy said.

"I will dress as a wizard," Biggie suggested.

"I already know what I'll wear," Branch smirked.

"Can't wait to get mysterious," DJ Suki giggled.

Suddenly, an older woman arrived to ask Poppy something. She is a fair-skinned older woman. She has blue eyeshadow, her red hair is tied in a bun, of which one grey streak can be found. She wears a purple dress, yellow shoes and a lilac coat.

"Hi, Ms. Poppy," The customer greeted. "I'm Mags Gumdrop."

"Hello, ma'am," She greeted back. "Excited for Halloween?"

"Yes, I'll be having a haunted maze built here in the park." Mags said. "And I suggest you guys participate for the maze to scare everybody with."

"Will it be happening this night?" Rose shivered.

"Yes, and it will be quite an experience in the maze," Poppy added. "Are gonna come and go to the maze and join in!?"

But Rose felt so scared of experiencing the maze because she hated ghosts her entire life.

"Oh, yeah," Rose agreed with a pretend smile. "Fun."

"For the food in our Halloween party, let's set up a buffet," Poppy piped up.

"Can you add meat slices, pumpkin soup, corned beef sandwiches, buttered corn, shepherds' pie, fish and chips, and the great feast," Biggie suggested. "I would want it based on the list of food mentioned in the book I read."

"That's gonna be cool for the party," Poppy said. "The food for the great feast can be a buffet."

"You forgot the beverages," Rose said.

"We could have butterbeer, a limeade based on the transmogrification potion, pumpkin juice, and strawberry juice," Smidge suggested.

"That's a great idea, how about desserts?" Poppy asked again.

"We can make sorting cupcakes, a cauldron cake, some chocolate cauldrons, jelly snakes, jelly newts, licorice spiders, lemon sherbet, treacle tarts, butterbeer fudge, potted mandrake cupcakes, pretzel wands, and your grandma's famous pumpkin pie," Branch suggested.

"I can help ya cook the food," Biggie offered. "I know these food back in U.K."

"Thanks, Biggie," Poppy thanked him. "We can write down the recipes in our notebook."

"I got it!" Branch said as he took out the notebook of recipes.

They started preparing the ingredients and making the food for their party. Biggie helped them by instructing them how to cook British dishes. Branch took on the beverages while Poppy did the desserts. After they finished, they went inside the restrooms to change to their costumes after Rose took their costumes from her car and brought them to the cafe.

Meanwhile, Dorda was looking from the windows of their newly refurbished restaurant as they spied on the Pop Diner.

"Halloween, the fucking worst time of the year," Dorda groaned.