Bringing Up Birdy

After weeks of touring, the Snack Pack are finally back in Harmonia Falls, California and they are happy to earn a well-deserved break from touring. Poppy, who is wearing her yellow swimsuit, is driving her car to the beach and she let Biggie, Branch, and Rose carpool with her. Everybody is wearing their swimwear, from Rose's purple bikini to Branch wearing his swim trunks and a life vest.

"I spy with my little eye, something that is green and prickly," Poppy said.

"I dunno, that branch?" Branch groaned.

"Even pricklier, but it takes a long time to grow," Poppy nodded.

"An acacia tree," Violet guessed.

"A cactus," Rose quipped as she pointed to a cactus on the window.

"Oh, that branch!" Biggie squealed as he eyed Branch.

"Yes, you got it Biggie!" Poppy squealed.

"Okay, game over." Branch cried. "We fucking drive the rest of the day to the beach in silence, and I'm not prickly."

Suddenly, a truck fell from the road and plunged into the cliff but not before three eggs jumped out of the truck and into Branch's bag. When they got to the beach, Branch opened his bag and he was shocked when he saw the eggs inside his bag.

"Ahhh!!!" He cried.

Poppy, Rose, and Biggie rushed to him and they noticed the large sized eggs in Branch's bag.

"Branch, they're just bird eggs," Poppy consoled him.

"Yes, do you know what the shit comes out of bird eggs?" Branch asked.

"Birds?" She answered.

"No, pure evil," He said.

"Branch, not this fucking complain again!" She groaned.

"Sorry, birds cannot be trusted, and no one will convince me otherwise," He nodded.

"Ok, I always want to know and I'm sorry to ask you, what's the big deal with you and birds?" Biggie asked.

"Biggie, don't let him get started," Poppy whispered.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Branch said. "I was ten years old when my worst day came."

"Whoa, can you tell us why you don't like birds?" Rose asked.

As he narrated, flashbacks of his wing day appeared before him. He remembered how he had a picnic with his relatives and he was flying his kite on the hill.

"I loved more than flying my kite, it was a majestic day," He narrated. "I didn't know that I was growing blue clovers on my face when out of nowhere, a falcon attacked me."

Young branch saw the falcon soaring towards him and he tried to get his kite back to the ground but the falcon caught it and ripped it.

"Branch, did he break your kite?" Biggie asked.

"There's more," Branch continued.

A flashback of him being attacked by a bird continued as the falcon grabbed his kite and dragged him across the sky, thus losing his pants in the process. His relatives flew to chase the falcon to save him.

"When he attacked my kite, I tried to resist it but he was so strong. My relatives were shocked when that happened and they continued to chase after it to save me. It went around for twenty minutes."

"Oh, that's awful," Biggie gasped. "I can see why you think birds are...."

"Wait, there's more," Branch continued again.