Hug Fest

Rose is reading a brochure about it while Poppy is talking to Branch at the driver's seat about the rides on their way to the Hug Fest. They are driving the car to the amusement park together.

"I'm telling you Branch, Hug Fest is the best," Poppy said.

"I am so excited that I have chills in my bones," Rose said.

"C'mon, Poppy, how can one whole city's hug celebration simply have to offer?" Branch asked.

"This!" Poppy said as they arrived at the Hug Fest carnival. Rose was amazed by the looks of it.

"See guys, Hug Fest has everything, rides, games, and attractions!" She said.

"Wow, this sounds fantastic!" Rose squealed. "I can't wait to join in!"

"Alright, I'm in but my affection tolerance is still fucking low so can you just promise me, we won't hug too much?" Branch asked.

"Absolutely." Poppy smiled.

She took a coupon and gave it to the ticket seller. He handed them three tickets and they entered the carnival.

"That took longer than it needed to." Branch gasped.

"Trust me, it's all worth it," Poppy assured. "Cause we're gonna start with the best ride in the park: the Big Squeeze!! I've ridden on it dozens of times and it's fantastic."

The three stared at the highest drop tower ride, which gave Branch the creeps. Rose saw the look in his eyes as if she noticed the face he was making.

"So....." Poppy squealed.

"I got an idea, how about we save this one for later," Branch lied.

"Wait, what?"

"Great, no takebacks....." He stammered but Rose cut him off.

"I'll make this a challenge," Rose said. "I'll challenge you Branch to a macho ride-off. We ride the scariest rides in the park, the first person to cry his shit off is remembered as a fucking crybaby!"

"I-I-I-I-I can take out on you anytime, I'll fucking show you who's gonna be a crybaby!" He said.

"In your dreams, big weinerhammer," She scoffed with a teasing tone.

They rode different rides for a while until lunchtime. There, they saw Harper behind them.
"Hey Harper!" Rose called out.

"Rose, guys, you're all here." Harper called back. "Are you gonna try the Big Squeeze?"

"I dunno because Branch's actions are getting weird when he sees it," Rose responded. "I noticed something is bugging him like a wasp roasted by a bee ball."

They walked to a stage nearby as a crowd of mythical beings saw Peppy with Sky Toronto, Dr. Moonbloom, and Mags Gumdrop, wearing different outfits on stage.

"Hello Hugfest!! Who's ready to get H.U.G.G-ED!!!!!!!!!!!!" Peppy shouted while Sky Toronto was ready to play the saxophone, Dr. Moonbloom stood behind her keyboard, and Mags was holding her tambourine.

"A H.U.G.G Reunion?! I love these guys," Branch said.

"I didn't know your dad was in a band?" Rose was confused.

"Yeah, even your dad was in it before he went MIA," Poppy told her.

The band's performance is so thrilling as they sing about hug time. Branch was amazed by the music and he even caught the medallion Peppy threw to the crowd.

"They sound better than ever!" Poppy squealed.

"Yeah, it makes you wonder why they fucking stopped playing in the first place," Branch said.

"I wonder?!" Rose was curious.

But their answer is right under their noses when Peppy tries to do the splits, he breaks his back, causing a shock to everybody.

"Oh shit, that's why," He gasped.

"Uh huh!" Rose nodded.

They proceed to ride more rides and buy souvenirs as Branch is becoming a bit confident but Rose is still smirking at him.

"Where to next? The Cuddle Canyon, the Bear Hug Bayou? Embrace Raceway?" He asked.

"How about the Big Squeeze?" Poppy suggested.

"The Big Squeeze?" Branch shivered.

"Of course, we've been waiting all day," She said.

"Branch, I think it's time you open up because I notice that you are scared to ride the Big Squeeze," Rose said.

"Me? Branch? Scared of that ride?" He scoffed.

"Branch?" Poppy was worried. "I know what the fuck you're doing."

"Alright, I'm maybe, kinda......a lot scared of it," He confessed.

"Well, wanna know the secret? I am too," Poppy said.

"You? But you've ridden it dozens of times," Branch was shocked.

"Branch, I know how you feel," Rose said. "I was scared to ride scary rides as a little girl but when I'm with my aunts or uncles riding it, I no longer feel afraid. Now that I'm a grownup, I have to take the experience with me as a lesson to never be afraid to try something new and face its thrills. You just have to take the first step."

"Rose is right, and every time I'm scared, believe it or not, that's what makes it so fun," Poppy nodded. "So, what did you say? How about we all get in that thing and scare the hell out of ourselves together"

Branch agreed and the three went to the ride. They are able to catch up with Harper on time in the floorless gondola.

"I can't believe you are here!" Rose cried.

"Yeah, I was scared too from the start but I decided to go on anyway," Harper answered.

Just as the ride hoisted them all up to the top, they could see themselves flying to the sky and Branch could see everything from above.

"Are you still scared?" Poppy asked.

"Yes!!" Branch shouted. "And I fucking love it!!!"

The ride suddenly released them, causing a free-fall. Everybody screamed in delight as the gondola dropped down, only to slow down when they reached the ground.

After getting off the ride, Branch and Poppy are talking to each other while Rose is taking a selfie.

"You know, riding that ride is scary, but it's less scary with you and our friends," Branch said.

"Wanna go again?" Poppy asked.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be getting food for you guys," Rose said as she went off to a food stall. There, she bumped into a tall, muscular elf nearby.

"Hey sweetie, are you okay?" He asked her in a smooth voice.

"Oh, yeah," Rose blushed. "I'm alright, oh hi......"

The two looked at each other out of love as Branch and Poppy continued to ride the Big Squeeze again, having the time of their lives.

This is based on the TTBGO episode of the same name but with tweaks.