DJs and Unicorns

It was a usual morning in Pop Diner as the employees got to work with smiles on their faces while many customers entered the place.

"Good morning!" Poppy greeted them.

"Good morning, Poppy!" They greeted back.

"Mornin', Branch," An employee added.

"Buenos Dias!" He greeted him as they changed into their uniforms.

After changing to their uniforms, the employees went to work, baking the pastries they prepped yesterday. It was a usual day in the diner, with Rose ordering her breakfast, Satin and Chenille would order Nova Swift's Fluffleberry latte, and Guy Diamond bought his salad. Just then, DJ Suki arrived at the cafe with excitement on her face. Poppy notices her and walks up to the soda bar to talk with her friend but she notices a dark-skinned little girl with blue eyes, teal beads on her braided hair, and. She wears grayish-blue headphones (which also have yellow stars) and bracelets, a gray top, a belt with an emerald on the buckle, pale yellow pants, and purple sneakers. She also wears what seems to be a necklace consisting of large purple and yellow pearls.

"Hi, DJ," Poppy greeted her.

"Hey, Poppy," DJ said. "My favorite niece here has a design of the cake for her friend Priscilla's birthday, which is gonna be held here in the cafe."

"DJ, I didn't know you had a niece," Smidge added.

"She's my brother's eldest kid," She added. "Her full name is Corazon Jade Reyes."

"Hi!" The young sprite greeted.

"DJ and CJ?" Smidge quipped confusingly. "Oh my guh! You two are so adorable!"

"So, she has the same second name as yours?" Poppy asks her.

"Every woman in my paternal family was given second names that start with J as a tradition and Jasmine, my sister-in-law, took up JJ Suki as her stage name when she married Toby," DJ responded. "They entrusted me to babysit her a lot so CJ looks up to me and I would do anything for her."

"Okay, what cake does Priscilla for her birthday?" Poppy asked again.

"Aunt DJ, here's the design of the cake that Priscilla and I designed together," CJ answered as she showed them a drawing of the cake that she designed with her friend. It's a rainbow cake with unicorns on it.

"Wow, did you design this?" Smidge asked her.

"Uh huh!" CJ answered.

"Did the parents want to order food for the party?" DJ asked.

"No, they are going to handle the food but we could make the cake ourselves," Poppy said.

"Every year, Priscilla would write her birthday wish in a card and seal it in the envelope but at the end of the day, she opens it up and sees if her wish came true," CJ narrated.

"Wow, when I was a kid, my birthday wish was my chance to bake something on my own," Poppy said. "All this baking and cooking makes me close to my late mom."

"My birthday wish is a new pair of sneakers," Smidge added.

"But my birthday wish as a kid, mine is my own DJ set," DJ Suki laughed.

"What kind of cake does Priscilla want?" Poppy asked.

"Priscilla told me that she likes velvet cake," CJ remembered.

"I can use the red velvet recipe to make the cakes," Poppy squealed.

"Can I help?" She asked them.

"You have school today so it would be a cool opportunity to invite your buddies to the cafe for Priscilla's birthday," DJ told her.