Mermaid Tears

The Snack Pack are in a boat on Lake Naia, looking for something in the lake while Rose is having her swimming lesson and later, she is trying out swimming in a pink mermaid tail. When Rose finished her swimming lessons, Branch helped her get on the yacht. Chenille popped out of the water to get some air.

"Do you see any?" Satin asked.

"We need some unique shells to accent Rose's mermaid costume," Chenille answered. "We haven't made a summer fashion line to impress Nova Swift but the swimsuit mermaid line is quite challenging."

"The tail is almost finished, it's got a very long tail like a Siamese fighting fish," Satin huffed. Chenille joined in with her breathing mask and jumped into the water with her sister.

"That looks great guys, good luck finding something!" Poppy squealed before she turned to DJ Suki. "Hey DJ, have you thought of something for our performance in Glenwood Springs for our concert there?"

"I haven't got a fucking inspiration for a song," DJ Suki answered.

"Hey everybody, look!!" Smidge cried.

But it turned out to be a big fish instead, which disappointed everybody.

"Oops, my bad, I thought that would be Naia," Smidge sighed.

"Don't joke about that, her story always makes me cry," DJ Suki sobbed.

"What's the talk about?" Rose asked.

"Just a part of the place's history," Poppy said.

"It's just a legend, DJ," Branch nodded.

"Still, it's so beautiful," DJ cried.

Smidge handed DJ Suki the tissues to wipe her eyes and blow on her nose.

"I guess it could've happened," Biggie added. "Anything is possible."

"Every legend starts with a grain of truth," Satin agreed.

"Really, a witch tricked by a mermaid?" Branch rolled his eyes.

"Okay, what's this story about? I wanna hear it," Rose squealed.

"The lake we're on is called Lake Naia and it was created by a girl from the 17th century named Naia," DJ Suki said as she started narrating the story.

"Long, long ago, during the frontier days, there lived a beautiful maiden named Naia. She is so beautiful that many men wanted to marry her but she wouldn't choose anyone, except for a man who truly loved her. A simple young man named Shelligan. Her parents didn't approve of it and they tried to force her to marry a very rich but arrogant man, whom she hated. To make matters worse, the water disappeared and no crops would grow. In the night before the wedding, Naia ran away in her wedding gown to find the witch's lair herself. She searched the mountain forest on her own until she found a great cavern, where the witch hid all the water to herself. The witch made a dam to trap all the water so that no water would be available for the village. Naia saw the underground lake and knowing what to do, she pushed the dam, breaking it in the process. When the witch saw what was happening, she tried to stop it with her dark magic but she got swept away and was never seen again."

"But what happened to Naia?" Rose asked.

"That's the part that makes me cry!" DJ sobbed again.

"According to the legend, Naia couldn't get out of the way in time. When the wedding was set, everybody was shocked to see that Naia is gone but the village spring began to flow again but it flowed faster and faster and faster until it formed a lake, which is what we're in now," Poppy added.

"That day, young Shelligan noticed something swimming in the water so he waded into the lake and swam farther and farther until he disappeared too," Biggie joined in. "Nobody knows for sure what happened to Naia and Sir. Shelligan but some believed that they were transformed into merpeople and lived forever in the lake that she helped make."

"Well, some believe that they swim up to this day but most claim that their descendants inhabit it today, forming an underwater city underneath," Guy concluded.

"Wow, that's a beautiful story," Rose smiled.

"Hey guys, look what I found!" Satin called out and they pointed at the clear but colored stones that were found underwater.

"Our designs are finally complete!" Chenille squealed.

"I'll get them," Rose volunteered as she dove back to the water.

In a moment, all the mermaid costumes are finally complete as the twins added the tear-like stones.

"There are dozens of them down there but they almost look magical," Rose squealed.

"Are these aquamarines?" Poppy asked.

"Those are bits of polished glass but they're so pretty," Branch answered.

"When they're polished by the sea, we call them ningyo no namida," Satin said.

"Mermaid tears, that's so cool!" Poppy squealed.

"Now, I got inspiration for our next album, which is from the mermaids," DJ shouted.

As they all laughed, Branch noticed some tails peeping from the water.

"Not happening, only a salmon," he shrugged and walked off. 

Based on Lego Friends' webisode of the same name and I added some Japanese for Satin and Chenille's dialogues at the end. Btw, Lake Naia is just made up.