Chapter 3

We get a little bit of the reactions after they realize Rhaenyra is Daemon's wife. Viserys does not take it well. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Waking up in a strange place, by herself was a bit confusing and scary. She was not sure how long she had been sleeping, but her body was a bit sore. Her eyes widened as she sat up, remembering what had happened. The strange mist, the gods speaking to her and Daemon, and then Syrax falling. Her poor girl had taken to brunt of the fall attempting to protect her. Apparently, it had worked because she did not see a scratch on her body. Her sleep had not been pleasant and she had seen horrible things. She knew the things she had seen were memories, but not her own. They belonged to the Rhaenyra from this world, and the poor girl would have a horrible and pain-filled life. She knew they had been sent back in time, but was not sure how far back they had been sent. She stood up, looking at her surroundings and realizing she was in a tent. Had she been sent back to the hunt given in honor of Aegon's name day? What was she supposed to say when people recognized her?

Rhaenyra smiled when she heard her husband's voice, it was coming from behind the privacy curtain. She moved quickly, wanting to see him and reassure herself that he was well. She moved the curtain aside, stepping into the main area of the tent and looking at her husband.

"Daemon?" She did not speak too loudly, not wanting to call too much attention to herself.

Her husband turned to her quickly and stood up a relieved smile taking over his entire face as he moved towards her.

"Rhaenyra." Daemon's smile did not leave his face as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head. She heard something crash but did not pay too much attention. She was just relieved her husband was well. He kissed her upturned lips, quickly and sweetly. "You scared me when you would not rouse. I even had a maester examine you, but he said nothing was wrong."

"Yes, it just took my body a bit longer to get accustomed to the events." She smiled against his mouth when he kissed her again. "What year is it?"

"It is the year one hundred." She turned towards the voice and her eyes widened when she saw her grandsire. It had been so many years she had almost forgotten what he looked like. He looked so much like Daemon. Baelon was looking at her in awe like he could not believe she was there. "Rhaenyra?" She nodded, smiling at his amazed voice. "You look so beautiful. I just saw you a few minutes ago and you were three and now here you are, not a child any longer. I cannot believe it is you."

"I am also happy to see you grandsire." She wanted to hug him and she could not imagine how Daemon must be feeling. She knew how much he had missed his father and how much he had suffered because of his early death.

"Rhaenyra." Her mother's voice made her entire body tense as she looked at the woman she had missed for so many years. Aemma had died when Rhaenyra was just eight name days old and now she was here. "Look at you, I cannot believe it is you."

"Mother." This time she could not hold herself back, she moved to her mother and wrapped her arms around her. She took a deep breath wanting to remember this forever. "I am so happy to see you."

Her mother hugged her back, not hesitating for even a moment. It was strange to see her mother looking so close to her age. Aemma was only eight and ten at this time one year older than Rhaenyra was right now. It was sad to think that in just five years her mother would be dead, cut open for the promise of a male heir. She pulled away from her mother, not wanting to overwhelm her. Then her father was there and he looked so young and so healthy that it took her aback. Her father had made several mistakes, but she loved him, even when he had let her down in so many ways. But in a way, she had let him down also, but not being the son he wished for.